Missing Engine Sound

CincySouthernRwy

Trainz Jedi
I have noticed that when the enginesound KUID is changed (in the config file) of certain steam locomotives to a new sound, there no longer is any sound for that engine. Does anyone know why?

It would help if you told us what version of Trainz you're using and what kuid numbers are giving you the problem.

Bob

I have noticed that when the enginesound KUID is changed (in the config file) of certain steam locomotives to a new sound, there no longer is any sound for that engine. Does anyone know why?

I've noticed the same thing. I have TRS04 and when it happens, I keep switching enginesounds until I have one that I like that works.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi All: I too have had the same thing happen too me. And too me it is not right that Auran allows this to happen..we are here to enjoy there product, perhaps they don't know about it?? Auran please fix this problem..

Bob Cass :( :(

Hi All: I too have had the same thing happen too me. And too me it is not right that Auran allows this to happen..we are here to enjoy there product, perhaps they don't know about it?? Auran please fix this problem..

Bob Cass :( :(

From my experience in making changes, I have found that you need to recommit in order for the change to take effect.Otherwise, TRAINZ (I have 2006) does not know a change has taken place.

Hi tomurban: Thanks for answering..I don,t really understand what you mean by recommitting, because I always commit after each entry. I think personnly, it has something to do with the Mesh, certain ones do not except your change..Also what could enter the picture, the creator can put one thing to protect themselves..

Bob Cass:) :)

Assuming you have the loco open for edit in CMP, I am referring to committing the changes you made to the sound kuid and then also committing the loco itself. If you are already doing this, and nothing else changed it should work.

There are 2 different types of steam locomotives. The older ones use an engine like diesels, the newer ones use steam-engines. Each of these type need a matching sound. The older ones a sound like diesels with .wav files for each throttle setting, the newer ones steam sounds.

Peter

There are 2 different types of steam locomotives. The older ones use an engine like diesels, the newer ones use steam-engines. Each of these type need a matching sound. The older ones a sound like diesels with .wav files for each throttle setting, the newer ones steam sounds.

Peter

Hmmm. Something to check out then.

I have Paul Mace's AT&SF 2-10-2 and I was trying to change to the deeper, throatier sound used on the PRR 2-8-0 and Frisco #1522. But it's silent - the exact opposite of what I was going for!

Back