Missing Dependencies

gb1290

I've tried downloading a few locomotives from the Download Station. Some work great, others don't. Those that don't say there is a "Missing Dependency," which is always one item that is no longer available on the Download Station. I've tried googling the files to see if they were posted elsewhere and opening the Content Creator Plus to see if I could swap the file out with a different one made for the same purpose (i.e. let's say I'm missing the cab file, I try swapping it out with one that I know works). Still nothing. This is the locomotive I'm currently trying to get up and running:

USRA Light 2-8-2 B&O #4501 - Cab Driver, creator wva-usa. Link: http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=263982

The missing dependency for this is <kuid:523:1972769>, which I am guessing is Bigsteam_Interior_mechanism (when I click on it to download under the list of dependencies, it says it's "Not Available." I have downloaded similar locomotives (other 2-8-2's) and most of them require this one missing file.

I have TS 2010. Any help someone can give me would be much appreciated. Like I said, I have had this problem with numerous locomotives I've tried downloading, this is just the one I'm becoming frustrated with at the moment. Thank you in advance!

I don't think so. I just tried downloading the whole thing again and had the same problem. I pull it up in Content Manager, right click and select "View Dependencies" and there is a question mark next to the file in question When I move my cursor over the question mark, it says "Unknown Location."

OK fine.....
Find a similar engine spc and replace by editing cfg
or search Built-In BIG STEAM

Last edited:
So, I realized several of my files on TS2010 were screwed up, so I have done a complete reinstall. I just tried downloading the USRA 2-8-2 in question and the dependencies listed below it on the Download Page. Now it says I am missing two files, neither which I can find when I search on the download page. They are 523:55901 and 523:1972769, both appearing as "Unknown Location" in Content Manager.

Fran1, I realize the first of these is a file you linked me to above. However, when I click on it, it says the file is unavailable: [Not Available
/filesroot/ftproot/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/rollingstock/kuid_523_55901.cdp]

Xcrossi, what is cfg?

cfg means config.
Open your original link up and check the dependancies. The first one is kuid 523:55901, big steam interior mechanism.
It says it's built in to 2010, just had a thought. What build number are you on, 44088 is a minimum, this is without multi player.
Another thought, when downloading from the DLS make sure you haven't got 2012 ticked. If using content manager nothing over build 3.3.

Last edited:
How do I check for the build number? Sorry, I am fairly new to Trainz and am hit-and-miss on my tech savvy-ness.

PS. I opened up the original link, it had the file you mentioned (big steam interior mechanism) but it had that "unavailable" message I posted earlier.

I found my build number by accident: 49933. I do not have 2012 ticked on the DLS. The USRA 2-8-2 I'm trying to download says it was made for TS2009 (which I also have installed).

How do I check for the build number? Sorry, I am fairly new to Trainz and am hit-and-miss on my tech savvy-ness.

The build number is bottom right when you launch 2010.
Found the reason you can't download all the locos deps, using 2012 content manager it shows. Using 2010 build 44088 it does not.
If you use content manager, use the search function, keyword=usra light 2-8-2, it's not there.

The USRA 2-8-2 I'm trying to download says it was made for TS2009 (which I also have installed).

It tells porkie pies then, the loco is build 2.9 but can only be had if you have 2012, call it misleading/confusing.
To avoid this happening again find what you want using the DLS then open 2010 content manager to see if it's available for you.

Back