missing asset ? for Driver Schedule Rule ...why doesn't a list of drivers show up for

LIneAxe

missing asset ?using the Driver Schedule Rule ...Why doesn't a list of drivers show up for me. There is just an empty list to choose from and Yes they (drivers ) are defined with names in the rule above "Driver Setup" .. What can I do to make this rule work ?:eek:

There is a version issue with the "Driver Setup" rule. N3V has forced an update from <kuid:-16:2025> Driver Setup [Build 3.4, Base, obsolete] to <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup [Build 4.5, on DLS]. 1485 publishes the driver list in a form that <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule [Build 2.5, built-in] cannot read.

Worse, they have published Driver Schedule:10 as a package item for routes in Trainz 22 and it is not available on the DLS.

For our own use what we can do is go into Content Manager and delete Driver Setup 1485. Make sure you still have 2025 installed (it should be there because it's a built-in.) Then edit the session in Surveyor and if necessary delete and reinstall Driver Setup. And set it up again.

N3V knows about this -- they provided the information on the Schedule update -- but apparently they don't care they've trashed so many people's sessions.

I'm still writing sessions in T:ANE for publication and this is a royal pain in the kiester to work around.

>:B~(

There is a version issue with the "Driver Setup" rule. N3V has forced an update from <kuid:-16:2025> Driver Setup [Build 3.4, Base, obsolete] to <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup [Build 4.5, on DLS]. 1485 publishes the driver list in a form that <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule [Build 2.5, built-in] cannot read.

Worse, they have published Driver Schedule:10 as a package item for routes in Trainz 22 and it is not available on the DLS.

For our own use what we can do is go into Content Manager and delete Driver Setup 1485. Make sure you still have 2025 installed (it should be there because it's a built-in.) Then edit the session in Surveyor and if necessary delete and reinstall Driver Setup. And set it up again.

N3V knows about this -- they provided the information on the Schedule update -- but apparently they don't care they've trashed so many people's sessions.

I'm still writing sessions in T:ANE for publication and this is a royal pain in the kiester to work around.

>:B~(

Thanks for that quick reply RKHluckhohn !
I have done that now and happily found that the Driver Schedule rule will now find a list of drivers. Based on that I have removed many of my drivers schedules from Drivers Setup. When I put then into the Driver Schedule rule and gave them a schedule to run and tested it in Driver, none of these drivers start up and execute their schedules. This is much different than the way I had it running correctly in my Tranz12 sessions. What can I do to make them START UP and run their assigned driver commands ?
:eek::eek:

Thanks for that quick reply RKHluckhohn !
I have done that now and happily found that the Driver Schedule rule will now find a list of drivers. Based on that I have removed many of my drivers schedules from Drivers Setup. When I put then into the Driver Schedule rule and gave them a schedule to run and tested it in Driver, none of these drivers start up and execute their schedules. This is much different than the way I had it running correctly in my Tranz12 sessions. What can I do to make them START UP and run their assigned driver commands ?
:eek::eek:

That's not quite clear to me. I've had no issues replacing 1485 with 2025, with the same driver scheduling. Works just like it did before 29 November 2022, when 1485 was published on the DLS.

If 1485 has snuck back into your installation, that would do it. Double-check. T:ANE may reinstall 1485 on its own, and will definitely do so if you download a session after 29 November.

:B~)

Back