Man almost run over by train

GeorgeCW

Saw this on aol yesterday and also reported in the UK by the Daily Mail. This guy is filming the 4014 when it arrived in Cheyenne. What is claimed, he was so intent on taking pictures that he totally does not realize he is about to be run over. Watching the video it looks that way. After a second look I'm wondering if it was not a set up. If you look at it closely when the other man grabs and lifts him off of the tracks he does not react at all, and keeps on shooting, not a normal human reaction, of course that is assuming he was normal, or human. Also what would he be photographing from that distance? Either way it gives all railfans a bad name, and we wonder why the RR's dislike us around their property. Intrested in what others 'think

George

Up close, down low, filming usually gives you a washed out photo, by a blinding sky ... The best photos are taken from atop public bridge locations, and a great distance from the tracks.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it here:

Our national railway company has released a level crossing CCTV footage incident compilation. And at 0:25 you can see the flight of a man who didn't bother to look at the approaching 6000 ton freight train.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-Vv_vo6U6Tgg3-OKAOGIQ[/video]

Back