Locomotive Won't Move

jeff1959

Using the Instant Move command, I am trying to get one train to follow another. In testing, I have simplified the commands to "Move to MOVETRAIN_4, drive to Track Mark 1, stop." The second locomotive has the exact same commands, except for "Wait 2 minutes" in front of the others.

The second locomotive will not move after getting to the MOVETRAIN_4 mark. I have changed the locomotives; I've changed the wait time. I've added a second MOVETRAIN track mark. The second locomotive has a green signal directly in front of it. The first locomotive moves to the track mark and heads off on its merry way. It gets about six signals ahead. The second locomotive just gets to the mark and won't move. What's going on here?
Locomotive-Won%27t-Move.jpg
view_media_post

The question I would ask is are you using the original InstantMoveTrain <kuid:121843:100602> or its updated replacement InstantMoveTrain2 <kuid:99999:80009>?

EDIT: I just tested your setup using both version of the InstantMoveTrain command and both worked perfectly. Both locos moved off to their respective destinations after jumping to the MOVETRAIN_4 track mark. My setup was extremely simple - a single track from the start point to the MOVETRAIN mark then branching into two separate tracks, one for each loco. No signals involved (although that is unlikely to be the cause).

Last edited:
I am using the newest command. I stumbled onto a solution. Since these are basically used as portals I added a second track. Train 1uses first mark. Train 2 uses the 2nd. Train 3 the first track. Seems to work. Moved 8 trains onto the main w/o a problem. Thanks for the help.

Back