loco break stuck on

I recently bit the bullet and updated so that I could download the PRR Pitsburgh to Altoona route.

Today, I went back to drive a session in the Rocky Mountains Montana Track and my diesel loco seems to have it's breaks on. I can't move it untill I get into notch 4 then it accelerates so fast that it breaks couplers trying to lash up to my five car coal consist. If I drop down to notch 3 the engine stops within a few feet.

After loading the coal cars I can drive but in notch 8 I can't get above 25 mph on level track and I drop into the teens on grades.

Is there a solution other than maybe going into the engine files and disabling the loco break? And, how do I do that?

I guess that I need to disconnect my Raildriver and see if that does anything. I have tried the HUD controls but not with the Raildriver disconnected and get the same results.

The session worked fine B 4 the update!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Last edited:
Checked some items!

I recently bit the bullet and updated so that I could download the PRR Pitsburgh to Altoona route.

Today, I went back to drive a session in the Rocky Mountains Montana Track and my diesel loco seems to have it's breaks on. I can't move it untill I get into notch 4 then it accelerates so fast that it breaks couplers trying to lash up to my five car coal consist. If I drop down to notch 3 the engine stops within a few feet.

After loading the coal cars I can drive but in notch 8 I can't get above 25 mph on level track and I drop into the teens on grades.

Is there a solution other than maybe going into the engine files and disabling the loco break? And, how do I do that?

I guess that I need to disconnect my Raildriver and see if that does anything. I have tried the HUD controls but not with the Raildriver disconnected and get the same results.

The session worked fine B 4 the update!

Wild Willy the Wacko

I unplugged my Raildriver and breaks are still on.

I switched to simple controls and it seems like the brakes are off when driving on low settings.

It looks like complex controls are messed up.

I have two diesels in the session:

CP SD9043 MAC

CSX C40-8W yn2 ( ex-CR )

I may be mistaken but I think my grand daughter's comp with the same Build number was working OK. Her Trains 2019 was purchased with the update included.

Willy

Willy - Try using the Cab brake bail key ("D") to dump brake cylinder pressure. Looks like this is not dropping off for you quickly enough.
Suggest also revisiting the setup for your RailDriver to see if you have some mismatched controls.
Q to release the train brakes, E to toggle the Engine brakes and D to dump BC pressure.

Willy - Try using the Cab brake bail key ("D") to dump brake cylinder pressure. Looks like this is not dropping off for you quickly enough.
Suggest also revisiting the setup for your RailDriver to see if you have some mismatched controls.
Q to release the train brakes, E to toggle the Engine brakes and D to dump BC pressure.

Wow, that seemed to work, hitting the " D" key. The Raildriver has a bail-off and I tried that originally but it didn't work. Maybe I need to run the calibration routine again after up-dating TRS 2019!

Thanks, I'm going to mess with all this some more!

Willy

Back