Loading problems

Gdriver

:'( Whenever I download content. all this random content I've never seen pops up in the Donload Station section of the content manager. Then, I can't play Trainz or Do anything else because it takes too long to load or maybe it doesn't load and it just freezes. Can anybody help me?:'(

OK, what version of Trainz (I know it is 2006 or above, but I don't know the exact one)

Also, what operating system have you got?

Information on your computer specs may also be helpful here.

Shane

Might be worth doing a database repair (to do this, make sure trainz is not running, then you will need to delete assets.tdx from the trainz folder, and assets.bku (if present) from the Cache folder. Once done, load into Trainz (not Content Manager) - it will take a while to load.

Shane

The downloaded content can't be deleted. if there are other assets, what are they?

I beg to differ. Downloaded content can be deleted, its built in content that can't.

Perhaps you have not explained your problem in enough detail to allow the right answer to be offered. If your problem relates to content manager then click the 'clear' button under the download pane. Maybe you have an asset there that cannot complete its download, which is causing the problem. In content manager you will always see a lot of 'random stuff' on the download station but this will all appear in the right hand pane, this is content manager listing all of the content that is available and where it currently is. This is fine to see this but if you have items in the left hand pane above the 'start' button which you use for downloading then clicking the 'clear' button will remove this.

If this does not go some way towards helping to solve your problem then please post more detailed information so that we have something more to go on :eek:

Andy

I think i'll just do this:
Reload the game onto my computer. look up the downloaded content, and (on a school day) leave the game to download the content over the day. if this doesn't work then i might just wait till i get a better computer and get TRS'09. I still accept any ideas.

:D thanks for all your help:D

Last edited:
Back