Large crowds?

Isaacg

Hi everyone! :)

If I remember correctly(maybe the British Trainzers can answer this one better), Spanner had created an asset for a very large group of people? It was like an invisible station, but it was just a large group of people, good for large station concourses/mezzanines, and city squares, etc. I think it was called 'group of people'? It may have been misspelled though or something.

Does anyone know where I may find this asset again? Or does anyone know of a really good, systematic way of making very large crowds with high-detailed(3D) people assets? If not, I can figure a way to make it as easy(and painless) as possible. Worst comes to the worst, I'll just have to place individual people and position them as I desire. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys in advance!

You may have to make a one baseboard route with your group of people on it, and merge it to whatever route you are working on at the time. Then you can copy and paste the peoples where you want them.

Of course, when you're finished with them you just delete the people baseboard.

Yes, you would have to place the people, but only once.

Last edited:
You may have to make a one baseboard route with your group of people on it, and merge it to whatever route you are workinh on at the time. Then you can copy and paste the peoples where you want them.

Of course, when you're finished with them you just delete the people baseboard.

Yes, you would have to place the prople, but only once.

Now why didn't I think about that? :p Thanks!

Sometimes I overlook the simplest solutions to problems like this...

There were built-in groups and queues of people in TRS2004, but these were flat cut-outs and not very realistic.

Might it also be possible to use one or more invisible stations without connecting track etc? (Just a thought, not tried.)

Ray

It is <kuid:87487:1073> and is basically an invisible station. It doesn't appear to be on the DLS so perhaps somebody else knows where it comes from.

ED just noticed a couple of spelling mistakes creeping into your precise (usualy)
posts. Are you dementing?
baz

Do a search for Spanner on this forum and follow the link on his signature to his web site, if it's still there. He is still around, somewhere. :wave:

Back