Kickstarter County 2 - Troublesome "AI train has control of this junction lever"

1611mac

- - . -
Kickstarter County 2 - Troublesome "AI train has control of this junction lever"

Please excuse terminology errors!

Compared to a couple other routes, "throwing switches" (clicking red and red arrows) has been especially troublesome for me in Kickstarter County 2. If I'm approaching a switch with any speed at all I cannot operate a switch because I get a "An AI train has control of this junction lever." This occurs in all sessions including the Quick Drive where I am the only train (consist?) running. If I'm going slow enough I don't seem to get this msg. Is this perhaps on purpose on this route? (speed must be under "x" in order to operate switch/turnout?)

I've run thru Quick Drives and sessions in Sebino Lake and I have no problems at all in operating switches even while approaching at 15+ (mpg) speed. Same is true for Shortz & Kent Traction that I added. Compared to Sebino and Shortz, Kickstarter County switching is just a real pain! And even if I do have control of the switch, it sometimes takes multiple clicks to get the action.

Again... this seems to be happening on Kickstarter Co only (of 4 routes I have.)

Comments? Observations? Ideas?

Thanks in advance. I thank all the experienced people here that are answering my newbie posts. I do try to find answers in FAQ's and such but I just don't seem to be able to find answers to my questions.

The AI checks the path ahead and grabs control of the junctions ahead. How far is determined by the loco speed, so the faster you go, the further away control will be taken.

Clicking is a 3D action, in a 2D environment, so your camera position is the key for accuracy. The lower down your camera, the more the system has to figure out where exactly you mean along the possible 3D world locations. Top down has no such problem.

Also J will change the junction in front and Ctrl-J the one behind you.

Tony... thanks so much for the reply. Again, I have no problems at all with other routes. Tried another one today for first time and had no problems. It seems to be only KickStarter that gives me fits.

I give you my SPECIAL THANKS for the "J" and "Ctrl-J" keystroke commands to switch. All this time I could have been hitting keys! WOW! I've read FAQ's, I've read Notes, I've read posts, I've watched tutorials and somehow I missed the keystroke commands for switching. THANK YOU!

Back