Just got back from the Eastern States Expo...

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
Steamboateng, my bro, and I just got back from the Big-E in Springfield, MA. (West Springfield). The Railroad Hobby Show was there for the annual, usually January or early February show.

http://thebige.ntelligentsystems.com/ns/Calendar/ViewEvent.asp?EventId=370

This is sponsored by the AMHERST RAILWAY SOCIETY INC. and is the largest such show in North America.

There was lots of cool stuff, plenty of operational layouts, books, magazines, and representatives from various historical societies. I had the opportunity to meet Kevin Yutz of Jointed Rail, who was great to talk to and meet in person. He was there as a representative of the Conrail Historical Society and had a computer running TS12 on a big screen TV. This was located on a corner table and there was quite a crowd of old guys and kids gathered around to watch the trains running in Trainz. The kids were taking turns running the trains and having a lot of fun.

Our main purpose was to meet up with the B&M Historical Society and get some more information on a route I'm working on. In the process I met up with another gentleman, Carl Byron, who is involved in our project. He wrote the book Pinprick of Light which is about the building of the Hoosac Tunnel.

We must of walked 50 miles looking at the stuff. I love the actual models and perhaps if I can ever do it again build a layout. Out of it all, Mike purchased some books, my brother got some flush cutting nippers, and I got foot cramps - didn't buy a thing.

John

Hey John by the way, I was the kid playing Trainz when you where talking to Kevin yesterday. Good to see you in real life.
TJ

My dad and I walked around three of the buildings yesterday, then left at around 4:30. I love going there every year, it's always interesting to see what everybody has.

Hey John by the way, I was the kid playing Trainz when you where talking to Kevin yesterday. Good to see you in real life.
TJ

Hi TJ,

Nice talking to you too.

You did seem like a Trainz TS12 pro there! :)

Jackson...

I too plan to go next year as well, weather permitting of course. It's a 2-hour drive for me each way.

John

Back