Jointed Rail's locomotives may have reversed bogey / truck?

pdkoester

DoubleYouPea & Espee fan!
:hehe: Is this normal? I ask because I have a few locomotives, the bogey is fine, the other is reversed and same exact setting in config.txt and same exact bogey:

I used PEV's attachment maker to find the differences:

I confirmed this with two other users. My father has the NS heritage units, and the SD70ACEs look fine, but the UP heritage SD70ACEs are reversed. :eek: Weird.

Paul

I believe thats because they were made that way. A lot of their payware has this. I suppose it saves time rather than making a separate truck for the back as well as the front.

I believe thats because they were made that way. A lot of their payware has this. I suppose it saves time rather than making a separate truck for the back as well as the front.

Here's another comparison, as someone told me the brake cylinders should be "outboard" and the truck/bogey curved ends should be inboard...

Interesting. It appears as such that they are reversed the wrong way. I can't say for sure, but is it possible this is caused by SP1?

One more, close up, with same colored trucks, same exact type of locomotive, back to back, but the truck / bogey are situated the same direction, looking at the brake cylinder/piston things and curved end of bogey / truck frame:

Interesting. It appears as such that they are reversed the wrong way. I can't say for sure, but is it possible this is caused by SP1?

I doubt it, unless it changes the attachment point some how, as you can see in the first two pics I put in the beginning... look at the YELLOW "X", "Y" and "Z" a.bog0 (bogey) coordinate thingy. The YELLOW "Y" arrowheads are not in exactly the same place.

Hi Paul, I think that you will find for those units whose a.bog0 is 0, a.bog1 would be 180 and vice versa; a.bog0 is 180 and a.bog1 is 0.

It does look like the WP unit has them flipped the wrong way though. What happens if you modify the rotation values in the config? Do the wheels turn the wrong way?

pictures%5C7556%5CUP%201983%20WP%20Heritage%20SD70ACe%201024.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

I have got the same problem with EMD SD70M -UP (Flags). After installing EMD SD70M -UP (Flared Radiator) the EMD SD70M -UP (Flags) changes front and rear bogey with wheels turning the wrong way.
I am not using SP1.

ChriBa

Re-download anything from the site that has the switched bogies and make sure to overwrite the TRUCKS and the LOCOMOTIVE itself when installing again. Commit them as they will probably be left open for edit and you will be good to go.

Last edited:
Re-download anything from the site that has the switched bogies and make sure to overwrite the TRUCKS and the LOCOMOTIVE itself when installing again. Commit them as they will probably be left open for edit and you will be good to go.

I'll give it a try, and update this afterwards.

UPDATE:

Your suggestion has done the trick! I will do this for everything else. Here's two examples:

Last edited:
I doubt it, unless it changes the attachment point some how, as you can see in the first two pics I put in the beginning... look at the YELLOW "X", "Y" and "Z" a.bog0 (bogey) coordinate thingy. The YELLOW "Y" arrowheads are not in exactly the same place.

You would also notice in the upper image they are correct and the lower one they are not. the whole set had to be fixed due to the problem not being caught as far back as 2004. The problem was while the truck itself looked okay it did not track correctly in the software. This has now been addressed across all items using the HTCR HTSC and HTCR-II trucks.

the solution if you are having this problem is to download them again.

You would also notice in the upper image they are correct and the lower one they are not. the whole set had to be fixed due to the problem not being caught as far back as 2004. The problem was while the truck itself looked okay it did not track correctly in the software. This has now been addressed across all items using the HTCR HTSC and HTCR-II trucks.

the solution if you are having this problem is to download them again.

I have done as advised, and that is definitely the solution. Another one:

Thank you for the explanation, norfolksouthern37!

Paul

Does this only affect the UP locos, or do the updates also include, say, the NS Heritage SD70s? (The NS Heritage unit pictured above seemed correct before the fix)

any item that uses HTC2 HTSC or HTCR trucks, so anything in the 70 80 and 90 series. You probably wont notice it unless you buy something new that replaces the old truck that was backwards, and if you do see it, just go to the site and download the locomotive that is being effected. I have replaced all of them there. if you encounter problems let us know.

just as an informational note: i was not too happy about having to re-export all of those engines, but in the end it is for the best. the problem of reversed points went on for many years without being caught.

Thanks for reply.

I checked the NS Heritage SD70s that I got from Sim Central last year, and they all seem to be correct...that was my concern with redownloading, because I didn't actually get them from your site.

any item that uses HTC2 HTSC or HTCR trucks, so anything in the 70 80 and 90 series. You probably wont notice it unless you buy something new that replaces the old truck that was backwards, and if you do see it, just go to the site and download the locomotive that is being effected. I have replaced all of them there. if you encounter problems let us know.

just as an informational note: i was not too happy about having to re-export all of those engines, but in the end it is for the best. the problem of reversed points went on for many years without being caught.
thank you for your help and support! these problems are all fixed now. now the invisible and sometimes ghostly cabooses are something I cannot figure out, still a script thing, seems to happen shortly after a particular combination of items installed. the spsf pack, followed by ttx tofc item seemed to do it this time. reinstalling again, getting good at this part,

Forget it

HERE are some Bakersfield Sub Pictures on the BNSF line. If you want the route email WLeasure2109@gmail.com. I will be including 14 great sessions.
CHEERS I"M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:
I'm still having issues with a few engines. Namely, the conrail, csx sd70macs, the sp macs (the foobies), and the up sd70ms (except for the flared one). I tried redownloading them and overwriting all the original files. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm still having issues with a few engines. Namely, the conrail, csx sd70macs, the sp macs (the foobies), and the up sd70ms (except for the flared one). I tried redownloading them and overwriting all the original files. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks in advance.

You could just delete them, then go to the area where you download them from, and you should be able to get the newest files for them, when you download them again. Otherwise, if you do the overwrite thing, make sure it overwrites EVERYTHING the installation files try to put on there.

Paul

Back