Japan

Yes, Ive uploaded some assets:) Animated billboard is a little bit idea. Making the building and scenery is relatively simple, rather, it needs an idea. How long I need to make something, that depends on whether to meet a good prototype. One month to plan, a few days to work, something like that.

If what I made looks real, it is thanks to the Normal Map. And I should thank Blender, a great modeling tool.

Hi.
Very nice acelaamtrack.
Enjoying couple of Guinness' here so I thought of showing some pics from my route. I have a long way to go, but I'm almost finished with the track laying on my first line before it merging into the Yamanote line.

Terminal station for my first station. As you can see, this is vey WIP.
R3oeL.jpg

Some more pics of the surrounding area
MfgxS.jpg

H1Np5.jpg

The next station is Soda, the doors on the right side will open.
This is a recreation place. Beaches, girls and beer. Looking towards the station in the above pic.
0MyQy.jpg

Skipping one station to the station where two tracks are starting for the whole journey into Tokyo station. As I'm thinking about it, I should build two tracks for the whole line as it would open up for much higher frequency.
I do like the layout of this station. My thought was that the train always are passing the roadcross BEFORE entering the station, enabeling cross to be open when a train is at the station, but that was easier said than done.
Afi05.jpg

Next station up is for the Industry, ship and container terminal. I'm still looking for some good and huge assets here. Any ideas?
6YiV0.jpg

And then we are entering the viaduct, which I think is very rewarding and fun to build. It's very time consuming, but I think it turned out fairly good?
Here we just left the next station before we merging into the loop line. The catenary work can be a pain in the *** since I don't have any good template or reference. For double track I need to take it one the "eye".
GhFRd.jpg

Here we are merging into the loop line. We are not sharing track, but rather.. ..Well I don't know how to explain it, but I think you will get the idea of the pics
EUggS.jpg

Rolling over 6 tracks. 2 for Shinkansen, 2 for long joruney train(the very nice chinese 18 car night train) and 2 tracks for the NEX.
X0Bgj.jpg

..continues

We are coming on the viaduct and the loop line is going down and between. This will enable easy connection between the lines.
gHtBy.jpg

Train race anyone?:)
iJ6Sq.jpg

And last, overview. You can see Shinagawa in the background. This pic is captured in window mode, therefore the strange crop.
URh3M.jpg

Sorry for my poor English. Have a nice weekend.:)

PS: Thank you keimei for enabling us too enjoy your fine work.

Thank acelaamtrack for your comment. Yeah, pretty unfair that one, and IIRC the E259 is on the wrong gauge so it's just spinning right there on the rocks.

I like the boot screen and that the engineer is playing pacman in the 321 and 225. Cool Easter egg keimei.

Edit: Any good ideas for speedsigns in kmh on the left side with a wide selection for speed?

Last edited:
Phadis I've got some speed signs I've been working on.
Their speeds are 10,15,20,25,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120,and 130kph. As well I have Left and Right Diverge signs that go from 10 to 50kph. Also there's an End Limit sign. I'll go ahead and get them ready for upload.:)

Cheers!

Edit: Uploading now!

Last edited:
Trackside

I made some speedsignboards before (available on DLS). If you need more variation of kmh, I will make some (it's easy).

F_Tside.jpg

And some trackside objects of Japan are available. Those will make your route realistic I think.

"Speedlimit65 JP"
"Successive post JP1"
"Whistle post JP1"
"Kilopost JP1"
"Gradientpost(L+) JP1"
and etc.

Here's a picture of the ones I was working on.
trainman184201202060000.jpg

They are 10-130Kph and include Left/Right Diverge signs as well as an 'end limit' sign.

Hopefully they will be available soon. The diverge and 'end limit' signs don't control speed. They need to be used with invisible speed signs.
Note: the diverge signs are separate of the speed signs so you can mix and match.

Cheers!:)

KEIHAN 800

Hi, all. Here is a new traincar, KEIHAN 800 kei. This is the most technical traincar in Japan. She can play the role of the both tram and subway.

F_KH800-1A.jpg

F_KH800-2.jpg

F_KH800-3.jpg

Thanks.

That looks fantastic Keimei!. I could use this train on my lay-out. What I like is the detailed interiors also!

Great work Keimei, especialy the colors from the train and I also like how you made the scenary in the first pic:)

But there is one thing that looks a little strange, the rearlights are they textured? No problems with that but because you shown the picture with the headlights on you can mabye remove the red textures from one end of the train if not already done, I say this because the rearlights are a lot larger that the other trains you made, if it isn't to much work (I don't know how to do this so I also don't know how long you need to make or edit it) and if you want to do it of course or I am the only one seeing this, but further it looks perfect and I am looking forward to download it.

Last edited:
>rearlight(taillight)
In Trainz, the headlight can automatically light in accordance with the train direction to set up the attachment-point and config.txt. But, the rearlight has no such a gimmick as far as I know.
Is there anyone who knows how to light the rearlight along the train direction ?:)

>on street
Yes! The fact surprise me too:D

>rearlight(taillight)
In Trainz, the headlight can automatically light in accordance with the train direction to set up the attachment-point and config.txt. But, the rearlight has no such a gimmick as far as I know.
Is there anyone who knows how to light the rearlight along the train direction ?:)

>on street
Yes! The fact surprise me too:D

Well in that case, I can add that to the LACMTA Metro Blue Line Route that I'm about to work on. What about the catanarys. Are that the same ones that'll work on this train (and all other JR Transit)?

What about the catanarys. Are that the same ones that'll work on this train (and all other JR Transit)?

Keihan800 is adjusted as tram. Its catenary(panto's top) height is 4.7m, be able to under-pass the footbridge. And her roof height is lower than the other train, the base height of panto is 3.1m.

To change the height, you can rewrite pantograph tag of config.txt to the other. Or I can prepare another panto. How much do you like ?

Keihan800's body is a little bit smaller. There might be some clearance between her body and your platform. and the platform height have to be lowered somehow. Thanks.

F_KH800.jpg

Great pic keimei, the train is really small compared to others.

Something else about the shinkansen 0 that I saw earlier but I forgot to mention, I saw it today when AI was stopping at one station, the train stopped fully in less than one second and I also saw it when I was driving it myself and from 100km/h the train stopped in 2 sec:confused:, you might want to look into it because it seems very strange (startup speeds seems also to fast to me but I am not sure about it), or did you specially made this?

If this was real that people would be very shocked when shinkansen arrives at station 200 km/h and stopped exactly next to them at the front ot the platform, more people would pass out and brought to hospital then people that board the train:hehe:.

Umm, curious. The enginespec is of TGV and it works with no problem in my TS2009SP4. I have no skill to make the enginespec, only select proper one from existing assets. The commuter train and steam ditto. Can anyone make a enginespec for Japanese trains please?

Umm, curious. The enginespec is of TGV and it works with no problem in my TS2009SP4. I have no skill to make the enginespec, only select proper one from existing assets. The commuter train and steam ditto. Can anyone make a enginespec for Japanese trains please?

I have tested it again with TGV SE (trainz original) and TGV Duplex and the shinkansen start faster up and breakes a lot faster that the other two, do other players have this problem too or is this mabye an problem with my trainz version, (I am not sure if servicepack 4 is installed, because when I use content where stats that it is for 2009sp4/2010 it doesn't work in my trainz, my version is from what stats in the main menu : Trainz version 3.3 (Build 44653).

Back