Japan

After finally figuring out how the screenshot system works on T19P. I've did a little photo shoot of the Japanese layout I recently bought. IT"S FREAKING AWESOME!! next I'll photo the Chyuda line layout I bought too. Enjoy.

Very Nice shots and welcome to the Trainz 19 club :). Nice choice of Trains too.

Hear are some pics of the recently bought Chiyoda line. It's pretty small but packs alot of train action!
Julian91: Welcome aboard!!
chiyda6.jpg
chiyda1.jpg
chyoda8.jpg
supertrain1.jpg

Here's mines from the Chiyoda Line as well. First off, 103 and 203 Series on the branch line
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Then E231-0 and E531 Series on the Joban Rapid Line

And a line up at the depot with the 05, 06, 6000, 16000, and E233-2000 Series

Nice Pics Jdriver. Got a question though. How do the portals work? I've seen them alot but never knew how to use them to generate trains coming and going off the layout.

Select "Edit Properties" in Surveyor, Click on the Portal you want it to produce a train, click produce new train, if you use the re-portal, you can set how long the first train gets produce, and have the game wait how many real minutes until it produces the next train. Click on "Add new contact" from here you can make a train consist, or add an existing saved consist cause it's quicker. MKs sure to have a driver be added to the train, otherwise, the train will stopped in front od the Portal. Now that you have your train consist and driver set, you can command what they should do after they got produced from the Portal. Let me use the Chiyoda Branch Line for example. You have "Portal Basic Short 3," there's not many industry, stations or track makers to select. You can have it drive from "Portal Basic short 3" to "Portal Basic Short 4"

Hi Railshuttle

Yes you can do it like Jdriver explains or use central portal control like I do and set it from there. On the Icarus Shinkansen and Electro Island routes there are many portals so it is more convenient for me to use the Central Portal control rule. you can then add all portals under this rule and then add trains and drivers and intervals per portal.

How is TRS2019 performing on your computer? Did you build a new machine? Your latest screenshots look very good.
Also did you also buy the Hanwa line and did it work out with the PayPal connecting with Payhip?

Hi everyone, it has been a very long time since I said something here. That doesn't mean I've not been active, in fact, I've been very active in terms of Trainz Japan, but more on our Discord server.

Anyways, a very, very late happy new year. Let's hope this year the coronavirus will decrease, but let's also hope this will be a productive year in terms of Japanese content! And I think it's gonna be one, when I look at Socimi's 2022 list!
I'm currently also, with huge help from DuskeyDuskey and some scenery and rollingstock-help from Socimi, making a new route. It's the Seto-Ohashi Line, but in "BVE-style". That means, we will be focusing on signaling, trackmarks and realism, that makes it as realistic as possible!

I also wanted to announce the opening of my new website! It's here!
I had to make a new start, since the website platform Wix I used, had a lot of lag and watermarks. So I made a new website. I will also reupload my old Keihin-Tohoku Line for those who need it.

Some fun with my 06 - 07 Series pack on Kuro's Hanwa Line!

Setting: (very) late 1990s on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line.

2021-12-29-184758.jpg

2021-12-29-184829.jpg

2006-2007ish on the Odakyu Odawara Line

2021-12-29-184652.jpg

Present day on the Tozai Line, on the famous Arakawa River Bridge

2021-12-29-184441.jpg

2021-12-29-184418.jpg

2021-12-29-184501.jpg

And finally, a lineup of all five variants in the pack.

2021-12-29-185655.jpg

CzkFWvTG

CzkFWvTG

Ladies and Gentlemen, today is a special day: it's the 15th Anniversary of this very "Japan" thread, wich began exactly 15 Years ago, on the 10th of January 2007.

Hello
Here two shots from me , I have make it with the wonderfull stuff from Kenichiro , big compliments Kenichiro , I hope you make more wonderfull objects from Japan. I missing the famous shinkansen JR 0 , the Kodama from 1967 , an chance you build this Train? OK , here my shots....

japan6.jpg

best regards

Conny

We originally started out as a quite small group - Japanese content was nearly non-existant - but over the course of fifteen years, 456 thread pages and trought the collective effort of all the participants in this thread, wheter active or inactive, i can say with some degree of certainty that we've evolved into one of Trainz's most active communites.

2007 was only 15 years ago, but looks like the remote past. 15 Years is the famous "Half-the-Lifespan of JR East's Shin-Keiretsu Densha "Half the Weight, Half the Cost, Half the Lifespan" concept.

Back in January 2007, in the Tokyo Area the 209, 205 and 201 Serieses were still a common sight, the newest "widespread" commuter trains were the E231 Series, with the E233 Series having only tinidly started full service on the Chuo Line a month earlier - the iconic 103 and 113 Series had disappeared from the Tokyo Area the year earlier, but the 115, 211 and 415 Series still remained in widespread, depsite the introduction of new stock.

On the Shinkansen, many JNR-designed trains were still in full service - the bulk of the Tohoku and Joetsu and Shinkansen lines was still formed of 200 Series trains, all of wich had been just refurbished. The San'yo Shinkansen was still using the 100 and 300 Series, and the 500 Series on Nozomi services. It had been only a few months since the last 0 Series Shinkansen had been retired, in an event broadcasted on national television and wich many people attended dressed as for a funeral or a wedding.

The Kyushu Shinkansen was also still in a peculiar "truncated" situation, with the southern section between Kumamoto and Kagoshima-Chuo, while the norther one was still construction, nearing completion.
There was no Hokkaido nor Hokuriku Shinkansen - countless of the iconic "Blue Train" sleeper services still ran up and down Japan, including the famous Cassiopeia, Twilight Express, Akatsuki and Hokutosei.

The newest subway line in the country was the Osaka Municipal Subway Imazatosuji Line - the Fukutoshin Line in Tokyo was still under construction, as was the Sendai Subway Tozai Line.
Tokyo Metro itself had existed only for a little more than a couple of years, and the JR Group had existed for around 20 years.

Hybrid, Battery and dual-system trains were still in an experimental phase - the majority of non-electrified services was still operated by JNR-era KiHa 40 DMUs and derivatives.
Tourist trains were seen as an oddball novelty, and were very few, as were foreign tourists in Japan overall.
Needless to say, the panorama of Japanese railways has radically changed. Except for freight, locomotive-hauled trains are nearly extinct, and most of the trains mentioned above have been retired from service in the last decade-and-a-half, being replaced by newer ones, something that has been reflected into our trainz.

I cheer to the past 15 years, and look forward to the next ones!

Of course, modelling-wise i couldn't ignore this special occasion, so as a little commemorative thing, i've made togheter with @DuskeyDuskey what is probably the most special out of all the Japanese trains:

The iconic "Imperial Train" - JR East's E655 Series "Nagomi"!

2022-01-10-154505.jpg

The standard version is currently avaible here and will soon be avaible on my website as well.
However, i've also prepared a special version (pictured above) for this thread's anniversary, with a dedicated headmark:

a.png

This one will be my first and (probably, for a long time) last "limited edition" model: it will be avaible only for the next 15 days - until the 25th of January!

(Time Elapsed!)

Happy anniversary Japan Thread!

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen, today is a special day: it's the 15th Anniversary of this very "Japan" thread, wich began exactly 15 Years ago, on the 10th of January 2007.

WoW!!!! Didn't see that coming and 15 years? Wow indeed a long time for a thread to still be active. Happy 15 years anyone! And @ AlexMaria thanks as always for the great trains!

Last edited:
Found by accident the trainz Japan Heritage steam locos quite a collection JNR C62 01, 02, 03, 16, 17, 22, 42, 48, 49, C61 02, 20, C60 01, C59 161, C58 Different types 6 total, C57 180 x 2, 1, 135, C5520 Streamline, C5343 Streamline, C50058 075, 123 , plus JGR 58654 & 8380 the 2-6-0,'s

Some of the different types just seem to be red number plates instead of black used in the later years as well as some of the other locos with numbers in both

Some are black that i prefer but others have a more silvery look

https://japanesetrainzheritage.weebly.com/steam.html

if you like Japanese Stam here is a few more for your collection if you don't have them already

on top of the ones i got from DLS makes a Very Nice Collection

Tom

Last edited:
pagroov: I've got trainz19 on my new labtop the pics a really great.
Kurotrick: thanks for sending me the missing dependencies for your Hanwa line. It's a highly detailed route and I've enjoyed driving on it. I've enclosed some pics of it. In surveior mode, there are these rainbow colored lines. What do they do?
rainbow-lines.jpg
htr1.jpg
htr11.jpg
thr13.jpg
hlf6.jpg
hlf20.jpg
hlf17.jpg
hlf22.jpg
hlf20.jpg

Back