Japan

Ah, the Kumaden (Ex-Toei Subway) 6000 Series. That's one model on my to-do list.

edit:
Well, i've just noticed that doesn't look like any of the Toei 6000 models i know - neither the Byadl06's one or even older ones from TrainzELE and others... Is it a new one? Who's the author?
Also, where did you get that level crossing? It might be useful for a route i'm attempting to build...

Toei 6000 is payware content made by Addons Trainz Corporation. And this crossing is private content that I got from JIRC and its routes.

alright time for me to express the issues that are in icarus shinkansen.

First
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

the switch that are in ikaruko shinkansen city station is just ridiculous.

the fact that i know that this station is the point where it connects icaruko airport and icaruko terminal, but if i were to have a nozomi/shinkansen that is going full speed heading to icaruko airport, then if i were not to slow down there, my train will 100% derail. and plus. i get that there isnt any station building that can fit in that spot for connecting to 2 places, if i were you i would have used the middle tracks to have it go to the airport and not have it go to the depot via that track, keep the side tracks (not the 2 passing lines) so that trains can slow down and either go to the depot or continue to the terminal station. speaking of slowing down in icauko shinkansen city, as i kinda know that this aint mainly use for 16 cars or so, but if your having a 16 car trying to stop there, then no. the whole station building wont be able to fit a 16 car train.
remember what i said at first?

"but if i were to have a nozomi/shinkansen that is going full speed heading to icaruko airport, then if i were not to slow down there, my train will 100% derail."

this is why i said it, you have no choice but to slow down if you were to go to icaruko airport.
if you were to try and make a point where trains separate to 2 places from a line, then somebody have to make something like a bridge. sadly i dont know the name of the bridge but its on the tohuku shinkansen and its after omiya (not to Tokyo)
it separates 2 lines smoothly and unlike ikaruko shinkansen city station where it swtiches abruptly. so maybe have a try and fix on that.

Secondly

so the depot near ikaruko shinkansen city station. well as the picture can see... the platform cant even fit the train and now making the train have to phase through the platform, so maybe rearrange the tracks would be better so that just to make the trains can park easier and not like as what the picture is showing.

also i should recall that there are buidlings that belong to another person and in which it isnt up on DLS so i am guessing that the walls for the depot(aka the picture) is one of the buildings/i dont know what they are called, walls? is missing? so if maybe if possible find another sort of wall just to replace that missing bit maybe? thats just a suggestion tho.

Finally i think i should just tell like this (reason why there is no screenshots is that i already make modification to stations listed below.)
Make Switches/Points On Each End of a terminus station

apart from icaruko terminal which is thank god there is a switch/points to switch tracks to different direction and at the icaruko airport where at the back where there is a place where you can swtich tracks to the other platforms and i am grateful for that and lucky enough it could fit a 16-17 car train which is nice.
although what i am not happy with is that. In the front of icaruko airport, kitabiko and also shin hanyo.

Icaruko airport:
Adding a switch/point at the front of the station will make drivers more easier to turn around. E.g: once the drive had their train entered the platform, they can just turn around the train and head back to where they came and using that switch/point on switching to the other track. Without using the switch/point that is at the back at the station.

Kitabiko:
I think i already explain of when i suggested more station building instead of mesh? building a whole station out. but anyways.
as kitabiko station is one of the terminus?/big station in the middle between Minami and Asadake station. Or if compare to irl its like okayama or hiroshima station. and the fact that i can make up shuttle services between kitabiko and shin hanyo. but without that swtich/point there is no way of a train that can turn around and head back to where they came. again if there are drivers/players (like me) who want to just drive a short distance then yea, add that swtich and point infront and behind the station so turning around is possible in kitabiko.

Shin Hanyo:
when drivers/players drive into shin hanyo and later thinking. "alright, i arrived at the station. time to head back to where i came from" then he looked at where he came from and when seeing ​NO points/switches infront or back of the station "welp looks lts time to use move the train via "consist builder"(not sure is it named like that but its where you click the wheel icon on your right of your screen and where you can place trains/move them)" and yea. thats the issue on shin hanyo. if your saying that players just can start from there and head to icaruko(applying to both terminal and airport) and when they do the return journey and wanting to do it again. they cant because there isnt any swtich/points infront or back of shin hanyo station for drivers/player to turn around at all.

as after i check though all of those, i added switches/points at those station mentioned. sadly the points in ikaruko shinkansen city for to icaurko and the depot is impossible to change positions for the tracks so my nozomi trains have no choice but to slow down and go through the points to go to the icaurko airport. thats just all my needs and i am hoping that the map can improve/added as soon as possible.

@pagroove

I do agree that the Ikaruko shinkansen city station is to short for 16 or 17 car trains to fit. For example, I am using the either the E5 or H5 Shinkansen, and it's coupled to a 16 or 17 car train, then the 16 or 17 car train would have to decouple the E5 or E6 trains at Awaji Station. And there could be turn around points at some stations. Like when you arrive at Shin Hanyo on the Colden Shinkansen, there is a turn around point at the yard witch makes it easy to make a round trip to Northtropp. And for the Icarus Main Line, I don't know if there's plans for it to go to Shin Hanyo or not, as I there's tracks lay down just show of Kitabiko

I also did try to make the tracks tilt like on real Railways in Japan

I also replace some JPN Level Crossings with ATLS Crossings due to how loud the bell is and it does really hurt my ears when it rings non stop.

And for the stations, I added stopping positions for the length of trains and add trackmakers for the trains to stop in the station a bit more realistic

alright time for me to express the issues that are in icarus shinkansen.

but if i were to have a nozomi/shinkansen that is going full speed heading to icaruko airport, then if i were not to slow down there, my train will 100% derail.

Well, i really don't see any problem here. Switches able to withstand a diverge speedthat high simply do not exist in the real world.

The closest thing may be the highly complex hydro-dinamic switches in use on some european railways (such as this one near my hometown), wich are designed for a maximium diverging route speed of 120Km/h (altough that specific one is still limited to 100Km/h due to the lack of regulations concerning high-speed swithces in my country).

On Shinkansen lines in Japan, most swithces allow a maximium speed of either 45 or 70 Km/h on diverge routes. The only exception may be the switch between the "Up" Hokuriku and Joetsu Shinkansen lines in Takasaki, wich still surely doesn't allow a full 200+ Km/h diverge.

@ Rowletmaster: & all

I have just read all the comments thanks for the points:

Before we discuss one thing I hope is clear:

As clearly stated in the release texts that the part in ICARUKO is NOT YET FINISHED. SO EVERYTHING THERE IS PLACEHOLDER.

thats just all my needs and i am hoping that the map can improve/added as soon as possible.

It's done when it's done. This route is 100% free and I am making it for my own enjoyment. And I only shared it at this point in time because I felt I needed a backup. Because there is already 4 years of work in the route. And I don't want to show of a route that will never be released.

That said:

Switch @ Icaruco Shinkansen city

The switch is as not ridiculous as you have stated. The platform enter speed at Icaruco Shinkansen City is 70 km. So I disagree.

The speed at the switch is meant to have a max speed of 70 km like AlexMaria says. The speed limit should be in place already. The bypass tracks should have a limit of 120 km/h.

Icaruco Shinkansen city is not meant for 16 car consists. So yes, a 16 car JR500 cannot stop. The material recommended is material that normally (IRL) is used North of Tokyo Station: E6, E5, E7 and E2 and E2, AlFA X. As it is a fantasy route adapt your train length like Jdriver has done (for now). If you still want to drive the JR500 then use the Kodama's.

Trains that go to the airport ALWAYS stop at Shinkansen City in the current situation. And the section coming out of the tunnel north of Awaji is limited to 170 km then 130 and then 120 km/h. Everything in this part is simply WORK IN PROGRESS and not in final form. And some shifting of tracks is still needed.

I will look in a later phase If I will change this part. I wish the same station was available in a longer form but it isn't. So Maybe I kitbash something (not a promise just a consideration).

Depot and depot part:

The Depot had walls but those cause errors in TANE so they are temporarily removed till I find better walls. The tracks in the depot are indeed to close. Is on the TODO list.

Kitabiko

Kitabiko is NOT meant as a shuttle station. because in my opinion the distance is too short between Icaruco and Kitabiko. The distance is only 64 km. I feel shuttle services should cover at least a 100 km distance. I should indeed make some in between switches though for the sake of it. But for now I kept it as AI friendly as possible.

Shin Hanyo

Same as Kitabiko. In future the Shin Hanyo part will be expanded Southwards where Hanyo Station is. THIS will be a turning point for some shuttles. For now the route ends with a portal there. This is not yet in the route because I first want to finish all the baseboards and then expand.

Last edited:
I also did try to make the tracks tilt like on real Railways in Japan

I also replace some JPN Level Crossings with ATLS Crossings due to how loud the bell is and it does really hurt my ears when it rings non stop.

And for the stations, I added stopping positions for the length of trains and add trackmarkers for the trains to stop in the station a bit more realistic

Nice pics. Which kuids you used for that. (the crossings and stopping positions?). The stopping positions are certainly on the list. But didn't have the time to add that yet in.

[JDRIVER said:
And for the Icarus Main Line, I don't know if there's plans for it to go to Shin Hanyo or not, as I there's tracks lay down just show of Kitabiko[/COLOR]

There is. I want to make first the Icaruko Part. Then expand to Hanyo city, station an Hanyo Airport. And then connect the ICM to Shin Hanyo via a second expansion.
probably better if I explain some thins with a map.

Thanks. I use Trainman184's JP Xings along with the Boards, and the stopping position signs I used are made by klambert. If you use the "H" or "S" Car stop, it means that all trains stop at the S Car stop

@ Rowletmaster: & all

I have just read all the comments thanks for the points:

Before we discuss one thing I hope is clear:

As clearly stated in the release texts that the part in ICARUKO is NOT YET FINISHED. SO EVERYTHING THERE IS PLACEHOLDER.

and etc..

to be honest, i wasnt expecting so much as what you said although i should have said "my feedback on icaruko" and not "issue"

but tho somehow my laptop doesnt lag much when in icaurko shinkansen. it only lag some of the time but some of the time it doesnt lag and runs pretty mostly.
as with my modification for my version of icaurko shinkansen, i think i am happy with it and i took Plenty of screenshots too, gonna post them after i post this

and also a reskin request please?

As the green car on E6 are on the end? (where e6 connect to e5)

And as i kinda want my consist to have a green car on the e6 even though i can just simply put the e5 middle green car in the middle of the consist tho the livery doesnt really fit so i am hoping that somebody can reskin the e5 green car into a e6 livery

also suggestion for reskin
I know this might be weird but i know that there isnt any e3/tusbasa shinkansen so far within trainz. as i am not requesting e3 to be made again as i had requested plenty of times and its getting annoying. and maybe i was thinking, a e6 with the tusbasa grey/green livery?. and yea thats just what i had in mind when i was typing this and this is just a suggestion so maybe if anybody is looking for a reskin idea maybe that will work?

A wide variety of colors from 103系
There are green, sky blue, vermilion

JR-103-West-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And setouchi colors
JR-103-Setouchi-Livery.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Wow. They're still making Densha De Go games? cool.
Pagroove. Hopefully I'll get around to downloading and test driving your new route soon.
Quraisy: the station in the last pic. Where did you get it? Was it kitbashed?

The New Densha de Go! Hashirou Yamanote line is out :
www.jp.square-enix.com/

Sadly the game not yet available on pc platform and region locked (I think). I hope they will release overseas with PC version..

Cool!

Apparently, in this version, you can drive not only the Yamanote Line, but parallel lines as well! I really appreciate the fact that they've also included older stock to be used (E231-500, 205 and 103 Serieses...).

I can't wait to see the PC release!

I might have to get this game on the Playstation 4 as I don't know when they are going to release this game on the Nintendo Switch, but hopefully sooner then later. I remember driving on the Yamanote Line on the Train Simulator Yamanote Line on PS2. It's going to be a lot different since there's platform screen doors at some stations

Last edited:
Back