Japan

Hi Rizky.

Downloaded and installed the JR Nambu Branch line. I went to the point that I missed the 3 missing reps. The two from the Russian Site which I don't seem to be able to download there unless making an account? :confused:. And one from Jointed Rail.

I went into TANE. But the route isn't working for me.

First it takes VERY long to load. Far longer that the ECML and then everything is jus black. I then tried to switch of all post-processing and shadows and everything. Then I see something but everything is in green like an Infrared Camera image and I cannot free-roam. I am on TANE SP2 and every other route is working. So I am beginning to think that this is maybe for TANE SP1? Also which settings in the performance tab do you have to select for this?

Any ideas?

Hi Everyone
I thought I might have a shot at reskinning the American import steam locomotive - found a 2-6-0 Loco made by "Elvenor"
He allows reskinning and changes for personal use - sorry will not be able to distribute.
So far so good - some areas cannot be done to come out as the refurbished 7102 Benkei (I presume from the pic and info found).
Same goes for the tender but so far close. Need help with the Japanese characters on the tender sides if anyone can help? All good found a pic of the tender and the characters.
When done will post a pic or 2 - I intend to do 6 sets loco & tender for running numbers 7101 through 7106

Last edited:
Hi Rizky.

Downloaded and installed the JR Nambu Branch line. I went to the point that I missed the 3 missing reps. The two from the Russian Site which I don't seem to be able to download there unless making an account? :confused:. And one from Jointed Rail.

I went into TANE. But the route isn't working for me.

First it takes VERY long to load. Far longer that the ECML and then everything is jus black. I then tried to switch of all post-processing and shadows and everything. Then I see something but everything is in green like an Infrared Camera image and I cannot free-roam. I am on TANE SP2 and every other route is working. So I am beginning to think that this is maybe for TANE SP1? Also which settings in the performance tab do you have to select for this?

Any ideas?

Those deps from russian sites are downloadable without any troubles while no account needed. I operate the NambuLine map under build 90945 with no problems (no missing, red or yellow deps). I only have found some trolley posts interfering with the structure gauge.

Those deps from russian sites are downloadable without any troubles while no account needed. I operate the NambuLine map under build 90945 with no problems (no missing, red or yellow deps). I only have found some trolley posts interfering with the structure gauge.

Running build 88364 here and not working. I am running that build due the fact that in the newer version there was a draw distance problem with mountains and the newest version is still in BETA.

Are other people running build 88364 able to run the route?

When I follow these links where is the download button then I don't speak russian also tried to click on the blue links but there isn't any download.

<kuid:59940:20703> --> http://kuid.trainz-mp.ru/index.php?k...ea24000050df00
<kuid:37581:47> --> "GRAZZY Spline A", made by jointedrail.com. can't upload this because of EULA.
<kuid:59940:20809> --> http://kuid.trainz-mp.ru/index.php?k...ea240000514900

Last edited:
NambuLine was released under trainz-build 4.5 so I am afraid there is no full backward compatibility with 4.3 if even any.
Those links works for You?
https://bit.ly/2JAIXQz
https://bit.ly/2sW2uDY
As for the Jointedrail You need to be registered user, and You just need to login and download grazzy-grass 1 set.
Thats all.

Thanks for the links. They worked. I have the dependencies now.

Thank you for the clarification. I think it is that I have to upgrade to run the route. That is fine by me but then I rather wait for the even newer SP that is still in BETA. So when that comes out I run 2 patches and it should run.

I stay on 4.3 because of that is my route building version and I run my draw distance at 150000 meter.

Edited to add:

So Nambu line is for build 4.5 and won't run on lower builds of TANE.

I don't know what it is about these japan steamers but as long as they are on the right gauge just love watching them running, drive them from the tracking view sometimes just to watch them, even look better with the new computer now I can turn the setting up.

tom

Can I just say that I am absolutely in awe of the amount of work that has gone into this GREAT route!! FANTASTIC...
I am only faced with one problem ... I have downloaded and installed everything. The junctions are not showing up for some reason? ---- *** EDIT -- nevermind (great album btw! :hehe:) -- All good now.. missed installing a pack..***
262p9mv.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Everyone
I thought I might have a shot at reskinning the American import steam locomotive - found a 2-6-0 Loco made by "Elvenor"
He allows reskinning and changes for personal use - sorry will not be able to distribute.
So far so good - some areas cannot be done to come out as the refurbished 7102 Benkei (I presume from the pic and info found).
Same goes for the tender but so far close. Need help with the Japanese characters on the tender sides if anyone can help? All good found a pic of the tender and the characters.
When done will post a pic or 2 - I intend to do 6 sets loco & tender for running numbers 7101 through 7106

When you made the locomotive, I would love to add it to my route. But I may suggest on using the Virginia & Truckee moguls by Pencil42.

Last edited:
At first look i tought "what does the California Railroad Museum has to do with Japan?", then i saw the ED17 in the background.

After all, there is a prototype for evrything...*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JGR_Class_7100

Seems a fairly simple reskin that could be made starting of any "old-west" style loco such as the Tachter Perkins (altough it's 4-6-0 and not 2-6-0).

*Quote born on JNSforum (Japanese Railway Modelling) regarding weird operation or compositions.

I spent my time researching on Japanese locomotive & rolling stock. There are 7 locomotives of the JGR class 7100.
Also, reskinning Pencil's V&T moguls will work more than Elvenor's due to the style. The EF 58-23 looks rather similar to the NH's EP-3.

Here is a new reskin:

Keikyu New 1000 series in "traditional" Keikyu colors

170618-X65964.jpg

The New 1000 series was introduced in 2002 to replace the 700 and 1000 series trains (1967 and 1959). It was based on the succesful 2100 series, and it rapidly became Keikyu's standard commuter EMU.

Batches 1 to 5 (2002-2008) were literally 2100 series aluminium bodyshells with a third central door, while subsequent batches changed to a stainless steel body, similar to Tokyu's 5000 series. The inverter was changed, from the melodical Siemens GTO-VVVF to a "standard" Mitsubishi Electric IGBT-VVVF. The liviery was also changed to a half unpainted body, half Keikyu red with a white line; the original version made by BYADL06.

In 2016 two new 4-car sets were introduced. Classified 1800 series these were a little different from standard N1000 series trainsets because they had a front door, as they were designed to supplement existing 1500 series trainsets on inter-running services on the Toei Asakusa subway line.
The liviery was also changed to the "traditional" one to mach the 1500s.
Each 4-car set is considered a single batch of the standard N1000 series, thus these are batches 14 and 15.

Subsequent N1000 series trainsets (batches 16, 17 and 18; 2016-2018) kept the 1800's liviery, a sort of "return o the origins" for this series, this version is the one of this reskin.

Further orders have been placed for the N1000 series, meaning that it will replace the 800 series in the near future and the 1500 series soon after.

Trivia:

Keikyu gets a new batch of N1000 series almost evry year since 2002, also with 380 units (plus 36 being built) it's Keikyu's largest group of rolling stock.

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10krly25qh7oE057pULQGF2Q7kzIxJkXt

Last edited:
I love that EMU with the beautiful melody it mades when starting thanks to the Siemens GTO motors

EDIT: I'm missing this: <kuid:-2:1031>

Last edited:
I love that EMU with the beautiful melody it mades when starting thanks to the Siemens GTO motors

EDIT: I'm missing this: <kuid:-2:1031>

It should be included into BYADL06's original N1000 series .CDP file.

A man was hit (and killed) by the Shinkansen.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...-kyushu-shinkansen-incident-ordered-minister/

Edited to add. Actually belongs in 'rail news' but added here as this is more of a central forum of all things Japanese Rail.

It was suicide. Sometimes happens. No need to make headlines.

I also think that this is not the first time someone used the shinkansen in such a way.

It should be included into BYADL06's original N1000 series .CDP file.

It was suicide. Sometimes happens. No need to make headlines.

I also think that this is not the first time someone used the shinkansen in such a way.

AH ok. I thought so. As it is very difficult to enter the line on accident.

Electro Island TANE conversion Work in Progress. Summer Release = On schedule

This will be a conversion release and general update. Only for TANE SP2 and up.

Flickr album with about 15 screenshots here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjQzy3v

Here some shots:

Yokohaba:

Yokohaba in Electro Island TANE
by pagroove, on Flickr

Toshin Vally and a part of the "'Toshin Yellow Line""

Toshin Yellow Line in Electo Island TANE
by pagroove, on Flickr

Shinkansen 700 (rebuild by Hirochi) meets DR. Yellow (by Hirochi) on an early morning run on the "Colden Shinkansen" line just South of Toshin Central.

TANE_2018_06_15_22_54_50_906
by pagroove, on Flickr

Shinkansen 700 @ Toshin Central (eki) or Toshin Shinkansen

TANE_2018_06_15_22_57_03_319 by pagroove, on Flickr

Wow those are some beautiful shots pagroov!!
First time I've heard of anyone getting killed by a bullet train. What happened to the station attendents or cops?

Back