Japan

Messing around with assets

Wasted no time the day before downloading when I saw these on the DLS before Hirochi officially announced these. I tested these cantenaries out in Trainz 12. With several pics and comparisons below on how to use them.

At first I was confused why the Catenary Objects were located in the track section until I realized that it is now easier to create a wider catenary structure that can be 5-6 track wide. Making those complex interlockings will now be significantly easier with these new assets, being that the catenary can continuously shrink in size.
oJEsy1t.jpg

It is worth noting that catenary ends could be made with free floating wires until we get anchor ends. Also Rossolabo's trolley wires are higher than hirochi's and kenichiro's shinkansen compound wires.
foSfIhr.jpg

As per say now we officially have three different centenary heights. Kenichiro, Hirochi, and Keimei Compound Catenary 4.5m, Rossolabo Trolley wire 4.6m, and Kemei's 4.6m Simple Catenary.
sHdFdQC.jpg

sgphyp2.jpg

It is worth noting that Kenichiro's DD51 and EF66 are close in scale to 3'6" gauge standard width. I tested this out when I was looking for width differences with Hirochi's and Kenichiro's Content. All we now need is narrow gauge bogies for the locomotives and rolling stock that Kenichiro made so we can run the older JR West trainz. Below is a screenshot I took when I was running Hirochi's 14 series sleepers with Kenichiro's DD51. You can not see much of the DD51 except for the white handrails being almost flush with the body of the sleep that is primarily in this frame.
yn60Gli.jpg

I also wanted to note that there have been some EF81s on the DLS for some time made by someone I can remember at this moment but I decided to showcase them here.
zhsGKu3.jpg

The double tracks from hirochi use a narrower track clearance in the bridge track configuration.
Also after I have observed the use of SAM FFB and B70 german concrete tie and slab tracks in substituting the default tracks, on the Shinkansen bridges from Hirochi and Kenichiro. I think for the time being that the SAP B70 track, and Rossolabo's Nippon Senro track will work best for Kenichiro's Shinkansen assets.
kNftFeG.jpg

Then using SAM FFB slab track would be best used on Hirochi's bridges since his model include a lower bridge deck.
UOTN830.jpg

Other wise I wind up with this when I use it on Kenichiro's shinkansen bridge.
fErzETL.jpg

Even if standard gauge is not the norm in japan (because prior to WWII the Japanese government like russia did not want invaders to have the ease of use of their rail network by using standard gauge), Kenichiro's content does make for some interesting equipment combinations with north american and european motive power.
s2gpW42.jpg

I hope to create an update for Kenichiro's Bridges soon.

Last edited:
Hirochi,

Your content looks awesome, I am already thinking of the different possibilities. I don't mean to ask like a spoiled child, but is it possible that we might see a version of your Nippon Bridge 2 for your Shinkansen viaducts?

Everything looks and works amazingly.

I directly began to use the new caternary. It is both a time AND framerate saver. I also redid Emrald Shinkansen station with this new caternary. It fits also to the Shinkansen bridge and tunnel tracks because you can raise the height also. Also Thinking about a caternary refit at Toshin Station. That area still can use a boost in fps.

Some fresh Electro Island v 3.0. Shots. Went on a ride with a mini E235. In the screenshots I saw that is is getting no power :hehe: due to no caternary car in the consist. Have to reconfigure my mini E235. Otherwise enjoy.

YKH7.png

YKH8.png

YKH9.png

YKH10.png

YKH11.png

YKH12.png

YKH13.png

great shots pagroov!! well you can always pretend its the DMU version LOL!!
quick question: the house between the brown and blue jpn houses in the 5 picture what is the name and kluid of it? i've never seen it before.

Last edited:
Here are some more shots of the Yokohaba Area. Don’t worry @ TheNicofabi I will look at that Tsurumi line problem very soon but I wanted to bring my Electro Island v 3.0. route to a near release point. It will probably released late this year for Trainz 12 as I feel TANE is still not ready enough. In this update I will first show you 2 satellite view pics.

The first one is of Yohohaba center. You can see in this screenshot that Yokohaba station is actually 2 stations. While regarded as one by the inhabitans of Yokohaba. The South platform is Yokohaba Minami and the North platform Yokohaba. The North platform serves the airport line (the slow one as the rapid skips Yokohaba) as well as lines looping back North to Toshin. The Minami platform serves the South of Yokohaba and the Yokohaba Museum line (and loop).

YKH14.png

The second pic is the Yokohaba Onzen and Yokohaba Transport Museum Ward. The Yokohaba Transport museum is a major tourist attraction. It holds a collection of Japanese steam (actually this is meant as a route within a route for you to run all sorts of Japanese equipment on).

YKH15.png

Here you can see a D51 on active display in the yard while a test ride with an E235 takes place.

YKH16.png

The D51 on a ride through the Museum loop bound for Yokohaba Onzen Sumo and Yokohaba Minami.

YKH17.png

Equipment @ Yokohaba Transport Museum Station. The station is also a normal station as the loop line is used both by tourists and commuters.

YKH18.png

And now 2 last pics from Northtropp where they use Kagoshima trams on Tramline 1.

NTL1.png

NTL2.png

Last edited:
Here are some more shots of the Yokohaba Area. Don’t worry @ TheNicofabi I will look at that Tsurumi line problem very soon but I wanted to bring my Electro Island v 3.0. route to a near release point. It will probably released late this year for Trainz 12 as I feel TANE is still not ready enough. In this update I will first show you 2 satellite view pics.
Lol, no worries... i said that everyones own project comes first!

Back