Is there a Wiki page or info on setting up cameras on a session route?

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I havve been generously given great ideas from help here on adding custom camera views, focus cameas, for sessons but have not found a lot of info on how to set or adjust them. I had hoped to feature views of specific historic features and structures along the route includling some custom ones..and thought it might be nice to be able to set the line side cameras to show them. We have many camreas already that are activated with the "3" key but it looks like to add now ones i need to use a custom focus camers.

not sure if the cinematic camera view might work as it seems be for watching the train go by, but a single focus view might do the trick..if i can figure out how to adjust it once it is placed. i am guessing the rotate and roll keys work the same in Surveyor as they do for placing any object but with T:ANE you just never konw. :)

thanks for tips on this. if possible. step by step. the Black magic of Sesiosns become more visible :) and...i hope for the users ..fun

Chris

The built-in manual, pages 162 to 164 covers placing trackside cameras. Its not at all complicated so I don't know what a wiki could tell you that the manual does not.

the reason I asked was BECAUSE the manual pages are ...well...barely adequate and really not very well written at all. Going over them about six times eventually reveals what to do mostly sort of. i had hoped for some way to rotate the camera as in cab view but see that is not scripted. thanks for the reply.

Chris

the reason I asked was BECAUSE the manual pages are ...well...barely adequate and really not very well written at all.

That is usually the curse of letting the software developers write the user manuals:)

I have found that the best way to use the manual and the Trainz Wikis (which are also ... barely adequate) is to take what they say as a starting point and then experiment with a bare bones baseboard. It is amazing what you can discover.

Back