Info wanted (returning to trainz after a decade away)

After a number of years of being on Linux based machines I am about to return to a windows based new machine and a chance to get back into trainz again.

Back in the day when I was familiar with trainz (12) I could play it as a standalone game, but looking at the Auran site as I decide which of the newer versions I wish to buy, I have noticed a lot more emphasis is now on online and multiplayer, is a standalone version possible in the newer versions?

Also I have been looking at the DLS and have been unable to find a session that is in the newer platinum versions of the game, would any one know if the reason I cannot find session is it because my 12 is too old to show it (the session is Potteries loop line, is very reminiscent of an area I used to go train spotting in the late 1950’s) and I will have to wait until I get the newer version on the download?

As I enjoy modifying routes and adding scenery I like, would I be able to edit track etc if I got the Trainz 22 platinum version rather than the Trainz plus Gold?

Any information would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P

All versions are stand-alone. The Plus version is only for those who opt to pay for membership to Standard or Gold. All versions need to contact N3V to check the validation of your product. Products are all digital downloads now, and purchasing a First Class Ticket is advised to get faster download speeds.

Welcome back!
1) Trainz 22 and Trainz plus (trainz 22 + any undates - whereas Trainz 22 is a "fixed" version) both have a rather different feel. There are a number of enhancements, which can make importing older routes a bit tricky!
I've found that going from TS12 straight to TS22 can be a bit of a challenge!
I'd strongly suggest using TS19 to import, then re-export - TS19 is about $20 on the N2V store (It's cheaper on Steam, but I'm not sure about the import/export compatibility!) The Potteries Loop Line has a new (and much improved) version "The Loop Line" - https://ts19.potteriesloopline.co.uk/

There was a discount for existing subscribers, I did get an email with a discount code from Richard Hallett of UK Rail Sim in 2022 - I've no idea if this is still valid/ongoing. However, the Loop line works on TS 19 and TS22/Trainz Plus. TS 19 is a purchase, not a subscription...

You may want to update in stages - I had a deal whereby I am paying an annual subscription, but I will keep TS22 (basic version) if I stop my subscription - this was a special offer and may be repeated(?)..

COlin

Thank you both, great info but I have time to consider your suggestions, a windows machine is about a month away yet.
Thanks again

Back