I want a NS SW1500

flatlander

Last night I tried to download a NS SW1500 from the DLS. All installed with the exception of one error which said 'shadow\black.tga wouldn't load'. So with little to no experience with any 3D graphics creation I tried to find where the file is supposed to live with the hopes of copying one from another location and pasting it there. After 20 minutes of fiddling around, I got nowhere.

Has anyone else experienced this issue downloading this loco? I'd really - really like to have it. Is there an easy fix for this error (easy for a 3D noob), or have any of the paysites created one? I'd like to get the DLS one working first if I could.

I've looked at G-Max and Blender tutorials recently, but without spending considerable amount of time to learn one of them, I'm putting those on the back burner. I've just finally figured out how to use TransDem successfully, which I feel is a great accomplishment for myself.

Any ideas? All of this was attempted in TS2010.

-Jim

Depending on how important that file is, there are two options:

1.Looking for black.tga in the main asset folder and copy it into the shadow folder.

OR

2.Delete the black.texture.txt file from the shadow folder.

Shane

You would be talking about the shadow folder in that particular asset, right? If I read files and folders right, they are sorted by KUID. Doing a search for xxxxx xxxx found the asset, but then I found myself scratching my head.

An earlier post on the forum suggested opening the .tga file then re-saving it, which didn't work.

I'll give your ideas a try when I get home this evening.

Thanks

Simplest way;

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

I haven't tried the new Quick Shadows for TS12, altho I assume that still works for previous versions since I don't see the old Quick Shadows. For fixing stuff you mainly need PM2IM, Quick Shadows, and Images2TGA. Right click on the main .im file, select Open With, choose Quick Shadows. Then back to Content Creator, select Add a mesh, name it Shadow, then select the new shadow.im that Quick Shadows just created.

Sniper, I'll give it a shot. It'll be my challenge of the week. I found the software, so hopefully it will be straight forward (anyone see Murphy's law lurking around here?)

Simplest thing to do is to open the file in whatever graphics program you use, be sure it is sized to a power of 2 (64x64, 128x128, 64x128, etc.) and save it as a BMP file, and then edit the black.texture.txt file to point to black.bmp instead of black.tga. TGAs can be compressed and uncompressed, and Trainz only supports the latter.

Even though I tried both methods and installed the 3 PEVSoft apps, I got it working using the 'saving the file as a .bmp file' method.

That will make my 5 year old grandson very happy. He loves NS and switchers!

Back