i need to learn how to repaint (again)

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
ive been gone a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time, and i need to learn how to repaint (again) im restrting with a new PC and am takeing on the OR&L.

Any advice on makeing my own content would be great

Josh

ok.....the KUID, do i just put ANY numbers???? and i am not trying to be rude but, everytime some one just shows me a link and doesnt bother to try and help, i dont get it and i give up

Last edited:
Specific help requires you to identify what version of Trainz you're using. The kuid numbering system used by Auran is what you'll have to use to find specific assets to repaint. What was the last version of Trainz you used to use when you were 'active'?

Bob

and i am not trying to be rude but, every time some one just shows me a link and doesn't bother to try and help, i dont get it and i give up

Nor am I, but no one here has the time or desire to walk everyone that asks through each step of whatever process they want to learn, that's why some very kind members have made tutorials, for the rest of us to refer you to when you have a question.

Also consider when someone infers that they used to be able to perform a certain task, those reading the question usually take that to mean the poster will not have such a hard time re-learning the task.

Now; here's the rude part:

We live in a time when no one should have to ask a question at all unless they are typing it into Google or some other search engine. You come here and ask a question and that's okay, I'll give you a pass on the Google thing. I'll even give you a pass on the "Not using the search function on the forums thing". See? Just to be a nice human being, I'll provide answers to questions here on the forum and so will Bob and Robin and many other kind human beings, but I won't write a tutorial for you that has already been written for you somewhere else. That's just asking too much of my valuable time. If you don't like that tutorial, then get off your brains and use the search function to find more! If you run into trouble and have a specific question, then use the search function and see if you aren't really the ONLY person who didn't understand something, posted for help and got it. If it turns out you ARE the only person who didn't understand something, then by all means, post your specific question.

When you post your specific question, be sure to be thorough and understandable in what you ask. Smilies don't translate into a lucid question. Give us the information we need to help you, don't make us pull teeth, if we wanted to be in dental school we would be!

I am glad to help, and so are many others; but don't assume I'm going to do it for you. I'll not abide your laziness.:eek:

Back