I Keep Losing My Trains!

Ian_Coleman

I'm building a layout in Surveyor. I placed a single train in place to test out what I had been building. I gave it a simple route to follow. I then saved before going into Driver, as per normal.

I then carried out my test run in Driver, and returned to Surveyor without saving, which again, is normal procedure. I then continued working in Surveyor, and saved again before closing the program down.

This is something I must have done a thousand times in TRS2004, but today I was working in TRS2006.

When I re-opened the program later, and went into Surveyor, I could see that the train had diappeared, and so had the schedule. When I went into Driver from Surveyor I was informed that I could not enter Driver as no Train had been placed!

Has anyone else had this problem in TRS2006?
I thought the procedure was exactly the same as in TRS2004.

Ian

Ian,

You are correct. This shouldn't happen in TRS2006 because the procedure is the same. I would backup the route first then delete the session. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Good luck,

John

You are running the session in surveyor, not the layout, right?

EDIT: Clarification
In Surveyor, you are running the session, not the layout, right?

Last edited:
You need to open your session in surveyor to see your trains. That would be on the right side of the line in the layout list.

Jack

Thanks for all the replies,

You were right. I was running the layout instead of the session!
I've never done that in all the time that I've been using TRS2004!
I'm only in the early stage of using TRS2006, and I made that mistake a number of times!

Thanks again,
Ian:D

Back