I don't know what you'd call this...

jazza1281

(enter witty phrase here)
Hi all, little problem I'm having with layouts.
If the layout is downloaded or installed say from TPR or DS and there are no missing assets, the layout contains a basic portal or basic station and no added stuff like rolling stock etc, there are no problems. If you add locos, wagons extra buildings etc and then save, the next time you load the route in surveyor it says that there is missing assets so i load the game anyway. In trainzobjects the missing items are basic portal and basic station even though they are installed. It is only on routes that have a basic portal and basic station. I have tried lots of things including the obvious, deleting assets.txt, chump etc but no luck...
regards
jazza

Try this

Load the Layot on TO and tell it to remove the Trains from the config file on the right click menu once you have let to find all the assets in the layot and make sure you save the changes, this always worked for me.

Hope this helps

Tom

I am having a similar problem with rollingstock....

Funny this topic came up. I am as confused on what to do as you are at moment. I have a similar problem with rollingstock. I used the original version of Maddy25's 52' Mill gondola on one of my routes. Then sometime later I downloaded a updated verison which caused an error message on a non-fatal error upon loading the route. Ok, it took some time to isolate the problem. So I moved the updated version from my TRS dispatcher folder. Ok, problem solved on test layout. Then I loaded the route I was working on and a message came up I was missing assets. I downloaded the missing assets which was the updated version of the 52' gondolas. Fine. Then a error message said they did not download but they did. Now 52' gondolas work but I still get this annoying message that I am missing assets. I don't believe that this problem has anything to do with Maddy25 work. The DLS was not in working properly when it was originally uploaded as I recall. Look and see if you have two different versions of the same object that is causing you grief and maybe someone else has an answer on what to do.

Back