How to modify config.txt and then make the modification work?

jillcraig

I've downloaded the Edmonton bridge from the download station. The description says you can modify the number of tracks. After modifying the config.txt how do I get the change to take effect when I go in and create a route?

here's the config.txt file

kuid <kuid2:210518:7859:1>kind "buildable"
region "Canada"
type "bridges"
light 1
height-range -40,40

attached-track
{
track-0
{
track <kuid:63290:38076>
useadjoiningtracktype 0

vertices
{
0 "a.track0a"
1 "a.track0b"
}
}

track-1
{
track <kuid:36646:37002>
useadjoiningtracktype 1

vertices
{
0 "a.track1aa"
1 "a.track1ab"
2 "a.track1ac"
3 "a.track1ad"
4 "a.track1ae"
5 "a.track1af"
6 "a.track1ag"
7 "a.track1ah"
8 "a.track1ai"
9 "a.track1aj"
10 "a.track1ak"
11 "a.track1al"
12 "a.track1am"
13 "a.track1an"
14 "a.track1ao"
15 "a.track1ap"
16 "a.track1aq"
17 "a.track1ar"
18 "a.track1as"
19 "a.track1at"
20 "a.track1au"
21 "a.track1av"
22 "a.track1aw"
23 "a.track1ax"
24 "a.track1ay"
25 "a.track1az"
26 "a.track1ba"
27 "a.track1bb"
28 "a.track1bc"
29 "a.track1bd"
30 "a.track1be"
31 "a.track1bf"
}
}

track-2
{
useadjoiningtracktype 0

vertices
{
0 "a.track2a"
1 "a.track2b"
}
}

track-3
{
useadjoiningtracktype 0

vertices
{
0 "a.track3a"
1 "a.track3b"
}
}
}

obsolete-table
{
}

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "Part_1.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_2
{
mesh "Part_2.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_3
{
mesh "Part_3.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_4
{
mesh "Part_4.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_5
{
mesh "Part_5.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_6
{
mesh "Part_6.im"
auto-create 1
}

part_7
{
mesh "Part_7.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "Edmonton Bridge.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
description "This is based on the high level bridge at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on the Canadian
Pacfic railroad. Originally this had three tracks with the center track carrying the Canadian Pacific
and the outer two carrying the Edmonton streetcar line. Today only the center track remains. The outer
two can be removed by changing the track kuid for tracks 2 and 3 to one for invisible track in the
config file. They can be put back later if desired since the attachment points are still in the mesh.
The road was originally one way but I used invisible road which will change to whatever is attached to it."
trainz-build 2.4
category-class "BB"
category-region-0 "CA"
category-era-5 "1950s"
category-era-0 "1960s"
category-era-1 "1970s"
category-era-2 "1980s"
category-era-3 "1990s"
category-era-4 "2000s"
asset-filename "Edmonton_Bridge"
username "Edmonton_Bridge"
thumbnail
author "bendorsey"
organisation
contact-email "bendorsey@bellsouth.net"
contact-website
license

kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:63290:38076>
1 <kuid:36646:37002>
}

Once your asset has been modified, you need to close the folder, check for errors (right-click to view errors and warnings from the list), and then commit by pressing Ctrl-M or by choosing that from the list too.

With the altered asset committed, it will show up in your Trainz Surveyor ready for placement.

John

Hi John, thank you for getting back to me. I am able to modify the text file, but get hung up on the "check for errors" and "commit" steps. I am on an iMac, so there is not right-click - I have tried every combination with the fn, control, option and command buttons in combination with the mouse click. No additional menus show up. The file status is still indicating "open for editing" - is there a way to close it?

Daniel

Submit Edits ???

The equivalent on a Mac should be control-click, and the appropriate menu item should be called Submit Edits.

Shane

Well, it certainly makes sense that I need to "Submit Edits" - I can't seem to find that. The "control-click", and the rest of the special keys do nothing in TANE (they work fine in all the other Mac programs)??

Am I in the wrong place? None of the menu items along the top os Content Manager have a "Submit Edits" selection.

Regards, Daniel

Last edited:
Well, it certainly makes sense that I need to "Submit Edits" - I can't seem to find that. The "control-click", and the rest of the special keys do nothing in TANE (they work fine in all the other Mac programs)??

file:///Users/davidcraig/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202015-03-28%20at%207.14.15%20PM.png

Am I in the wrong place? None of the menu items along the top os Content Manager have a "Submit Edits" selection.

Regards, Daniel

Currently, at least in the PC version of TANE, there are no hotkeys in Content Manager. Hopefully these will appear soon(tm). :)

The screen shot won't show up here. You need to host it first then past a link to the forums. Use www.hostthenpost.com upload the file and choose the link for forums in the area below which lists the different links.

Does that Apple key work to bring up any contextual menu?

The Edit menu item should also have the Submit under there if the asset is selected. (I'm supposing here...).

John

All the edit menu has is: Copy, Paste and Select All (Undo, Cut and Clear are grey'd out). I have the asset selected (it's status shows as "Open for Edit" - do I need to close it? How do I close it?).

All the edit menu has is: Copy, Paste and Select All (Undo, Cut and Clear are grey'd out). I have the asset selected (it's status shows as "Open for Edit" - do I need to close it? How do I close it?).

Yup. You need to close it. Closing is done by Submit found under the contextual menu.

Sorry I didn't know only that is under the Edit menu. This useless...!

John

Okay, I think maybe I'm starting to get somewhere.?? How do I get to the contextual menu? In order to edit the asset, I have just clicked on it, navigated to the config.txt file and opened it in the simple default text editor that comes with Finder (the iMac's file/director/editor).

Baby steps. I pulled the mouse off my old PC (which has a left and right button) - now I get that context menu and "Submit Edits" is available to me. Now there are dependency error - but at least I'm starting to get somewhere.

Hi Trainz guys - thank you. Plugging in a normal mouse got things sorted out - then the direction you were providing all began to make sense. I got my edits in and the modified asset now works as expected. Thank you.

Back