How to make a list of trackmarks for use with DriveToTrackmarkList (v2)?

hkoster1

Title says it all. I've searched this forum to no avail - found a reference to a website for 'pguy' that is no longer on line.
Found another reference to defining a session variable like "var Port-Ogden-Stations:[Trackmark (01); Trackmark (02); Trackmark (03);]" and tried numerous varieties of it in the config.txt for my session, but no such list ever makes it to my session.

Could someone help me out here with the proper way to do this? FWIW, I'm running TANE.

The standard way of doing is to use the trackmarkgroupname[item] method when naming trackmarks in Surveyor. If I remember correctly, one of the parts (either the part in or the part outside of the brackets) cannot contain spaces.

Shane

Documentation on http://trainz.guynet.org was for the initial DriveToTrackmarklist and AutoDriveToTrackmarklist driver commands. It is still applicable to these commands but I should recommend now to use DriveToTrackmarkList v2 and NavigateToTrackmarkList v2 which are enhanced version using pglib library to manage locking of the assigned destination and so have less pitfall than the initial driver commands.

v2 version of the driver commands supports the same naming trackmarklist convention. Each trackmark in a trackmark list should be named trackmarklistname(index name) or trackmarklistname[indexname] where trackmarklistname is the current trackmark list name and the index name is between bracket or parenthesis. I recommend that the trackmarklistname and the index name does not include any space, though it should be supported but may be not efficiently tested ...

It is also possible to define from scratch a trackmarklist name with arbitrary existing track marks included, but this needs to use the QuickSessionVar rule to create some extended session variables of type trackmarklist with a list of associated existing trackmarks. The UI interface of QuickSessionVars is not currently documented and I should not recommend using these options for beginner. This method is only there for session creators that cannot rename existing trackmarks or add new ones.

Regards.
Pierre.

Pguy, went to your site but did not fine anything on making a track mark list to use with the DriveToTrackmarkList v2.

Pguy, went to your site but did not fine anything on making a track mark list to use with the DriveToTrackmarkList v2.

Hi.

There is currently no documentation available for DrivetoTrackMarkList v2 <kuid2:61392:7004:20>. The available documentation is only for DriveToTrackMarkList initial version (v1) <kuid2:61392:1050:10>.

The main difference between v1 and v2 is that v1 will not lock the target trackmark choosen while v2 takes a lock on the target trackmark choosen. DriveToTrackMarkList v1 guarantees that your train will drive to a currently not occupied trackmark in the trackmarklist, but does not guarantee at all that another train executing a similar command may drive to the same trackmark. DriveToTrackMarkList v2 adds to v1 the guarantee that when a trackmark in a list has been choosen as the target destination, no other train executing another DriveToTrackMarkList will select the same trackmark while the first train is driving to it. So on this point DTTML v2 is superior to DTTML v1.

To define trackmarks belonging to a trackmarklist, the easiest way is to name your trackmark as trackmarlist_name[trackmark_index] or trackmarklist_name(trackmark_index) where trackmarklist_name is a string containing the name of the trackmarklist (with no blanks and no special characters except - or _ ) and trackmark_index is a string containing a unique string index in the trackmarklist for this trackmark (no blanks and no special characters in trackmark_index except - or _ ). With this naming convention the driver commands will retrieve the trackmark list names to propose in their menu selection.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Pguy, thanks for the quick reply. I am using <kuid2:61392:1050:10> DriveToTrackmarkList (SP2 and later) in build 90955. When I click on the command there is no list of track marks to pick from. Is this a list I have to create and if so where and how. Or maybe I just have to many placed on the route and the command is timing out like a lot of other things.

Carl

Back