How is this PC?

I haven't posted in a while, so...
I found this nice PC in a Best Buy flyer and I thought this would be the place to ask if this was a good PC. Could a nice Trainzer help me out, please?
Here it goes.
Its a HP - Pavilion Elite Q6600 TV Desktop with:
  • Intel Viiv Technology
  • 19" LCD widescreen monitor
  • All in one printer
  • Windows Vista Home Premium with digital TV tuner
  • 3072MB DDR2 memory
  • 640GB hard drive
  • reads and writes duel layer DVDs and CDs
  • LightScribe disk labeling technology
  • nVIDIA GeForce 8400GS graphics with DirectX10
  • intergrated 802.11g wireless LAN
  • Wireless keybord and mouse
All for the price of $US 1279.97.
The site for the PC itself is here.
Anyway, is this a good computer for Trainz or have I found a dud?
Thanks and Happy Hollidays!:p
~TTT100~

After looking at the specs, it should rock with trainz. Couple of things to be aware of though. with vista do a search on here to see the install instructions and follow them to the letter.

I have used trs2006 under vista and after following the instructions it worked flawlessly.

That system has enough ram and enough video power to run it without an issue and from what I read you might beable to allocate more ram from the pc to video if need be but I run a nvidia go 7900 with 256mb and it runs fine

Ok! Thanks!
I think I might get Trainz Railwayz (which I heard has TRS06+sp1 installed and TC1+2) and get rid of my old '06. Railways is supposed to be Vista ready...
Again, Thanks!
~TTT100~

I would be wary of the 8400GS
While this does mean that it has a PCI-e video card, the 8400 GS isn't the greatest card for Trainz or gaming in general. It will run but be aware performance will be limited.

Video Memory
256MB (dedicated); up to 1.5GB total (allocated by Windows Vista)

I suspect on board video that can use main memory from this.

There are better systems for running Trainz.

Cheerio John

Well, I've just gone on your link Thomas The Tank and it says the cost is currently $1,154.99, if you wait a few weeks it'll come down to a more suitable purchase price....:hehe:

I can't believe that you cannot find a better purchase price on a website in the U.S.!!!!

ex-railwayman.

Back