How does the Fan turn?

I think that's the grating over the fan. They're not gonna have a spinning fan unprotected on the roof of a loco. The fan itself is below the grating.

If you look closely they appear to be curved so perhaps they really are fan blades.

Ben

Nah... I've actually seen these on locomotives from above when they've gone under a bridge I was standing on. These are big grills with thick fins on them. The fans themselves are located under and look like fans with flat blades.

John

yes the fan is below this. what you see there are the two power feeds for the motor, which is in the center and the fan 'hangs' from it. the image posted by 289v8 is a different type of fan all together, but the concept is the same.

Nah... I've actually seen these on locomotives from above when they've gone under a bridge I was standing on. These are big grills with thick fins on them. The fans themselves are located under and look like fans with flat blades.

John

Ha ha! Then all the SD70's made for Trainz are wrong!

Details such as grills over fans are usually modeled much simpler in Trainz as compared to the bigger, more noticeable parts to save on poly count. Often to the point where they're unnoticeable unless viewed from up close.

Back