HOW DO YOU DO THIS???!!!

Norfolkwesternman

I like Submarines&Trainz
I have been reading some of the sreenshot pages and people say they can "merge" or connect to different routes/layouts/maps together and operate on them. How do you do this?

Also i add trains to my portals but they wont come out. does the frequency- 15- have to do with anything?
i have also seen pictures of the inside of cars driving along? can you drive cars?

Lastly, how do you reskin not paintshed, reskin. i can't find out how to do this or any of these things.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?:(:':)mop:

Last edited:
Open surveyor
Open up the options menu in the left hand corner of the page
Select merge route
Select which route you want
Make sure there are no red squares
Make sure you place it where you want
Press the check
For the portals, make sure they are long enough, sometimes they go back in. Also, make sure you have an engine and you check produce trains. The frequency means that every 15 minutes, a train will emerge. Okay? Also, make sure it is connected.
For reskiniing, go to here for a tutorial

http://www.carsoncarshops.com/tut-grinde-reskin.htm

Hope this helps

I have been reading some of the sreenshot pages and people say they can "merge" or connect to different routes/layouts/maps together and operate on them. How do you do this?
in surveyor click on the menue, and go to "merge map" then pick a map, move it to the desired location, click OK (the check mark) and vwalla

Also i add trains to my portals but they wont come out. does the frequency- 15- have to do with anything?
the frequencey is the number of trainz minuets will pass between when the trains depart. my guess is that your not waiting long enough. (the default time difference should be 2x)

i have also seen pictures of the inside of cars driving along? can you drive cars?
that is done by laying down invisible track on the road and running the cars as if they were trains. the required stuff to do so is on the DLS

Lastly, how do you reskin not paintshed, reskin. i can't find out how to do this or any of these things.
there are a number of tutorials out there that explain this. I personally never used one. but I'm sure someone will gladly point you in the direction of their favorite. (you might check some of the FAQ sections here also)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?:(:':)mop:
Sure, thats what we're here for. (that and to have fun :p )

peter

Edit: Forgot; can you try to limit the amount of caps useage, most people here don't take kindly to a heavy caps user.

Last edited:
The reskinning tutorial is interesting. For all the effort it takes to download Irfanview, change the .tga file to a .bmp file for editing, and then back again, why not just use a .tga capable editor like Paint Shop Pro?
Of course, MSPaint is free, that's a point.....
Mick Berg.

The reskinning tutorial is interesting. For all the effort it takes to download Irfanview, change the .tga file to a .bmp file for editing, and then back again, why not just use a .tga capable editor like Paint Shop Pro?
Of course, MSPaint is free, that's a point.....
Mick Berg.
I do graphics in Photofiltre, which does .tga just fine, although I haven't figured out how to save it in an uncompressed format. I have to use Irfanview to send it back into Trainz, or my Trainzcar comes out white.:(

:cool: Claude

I do graphics in Photofiltre, which does .tga just fine, although I haven't figured out how to save it in an uncompressed format. I have to use Irfanview to send it back into Trainz, or my Trainzcar comes out white.:(

:cool: Claude

If I remember from the Photofiltre site, there is not the option of saving an uncompressed .tga file.

thanks guys. one other question before closing this add if you want to add go ahead. i have seen most of you guys have trains at the left side of the screen name. how do you get that. also there is things like dnutter has that ccrossing light. do i have to put on myself? if so here is mine

The 'trains' are avatars, go into User CP and choose 'edit avatar' and pick one :)

I just noticed the Red Green quote under your post :p I miss that show, I have been to a few of the tapings in Toronto :hehe:

Back