How do you continuously repeat a series of commands in a TRS22 session?

neville_hill

In TRS22 how do make a driver continuously repeat a series of commands ad infinitum? I'm using the Schedule Library and 'Copy command from' but the old solutions no longer seem to be there: the 'Repeat' command has disappeared, the 'Reset List' command is missing, 'Enable Repeat' doesn't seem to do anything and the support on the original German website for it is defunct. This is such a basic function in sessions that there surely must be a simple way....? I'm on build 119451. Thanks for any help.

Hello,

When you set up the schedule for your AI drivers and have all of your commands entered there is a repeat schedule option available. I have one monorail train that basically runs in a circle with station stops along the way. The repeat symbol is a small button with two red marks on it that will appear at the end of the schedule. Initiate the schedule and the train will continue to circle until the session stops. I have a couple of trams that run around my city as well. I wish there was a way to program those two to run my schedule every time I initiate a session without having to reprogram them every time. Would save a lot of time and add activity to any session I set up on my route. Even if all I wanted to do was drive a train for testing a new addition or something.

Jack

Thanks for your help Jack, but I'm not sure precisely what you mean.....Where does the 'repeat schedule option' that you refer to appear? Is that 'button with two red marks' the one that appears after the 'enable repeat' command? Or can you make it appear some other way? I've tried 'enable repeat' and that button does appear but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Do you have to do something to it? Sorry if I seem thick - your help is much appreciated!

Is that 'button with two red marks' the one that appears after the 'enable repeat' command?

Correct.

See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Driver_Setup_Rule#The_.22Repeat.22_Command (but that wiki pages predates TRS22 where the menu command appears as "Repeat Schedule Commands").

Once added there is nothing else for you to do. This command is always placed at the end of the list.

When the consist is running under AI control each command will be executed in order but instead of being deleted when the command has been executed it will be added to the end of the command queue just in front of the "Repeat" command.

Now that is how it should work and how has worked the last time I tested it in TRS19.

Thanks Jack and pware for your help. I still wasn't getting any joy, but reading back through similar queries on the forum I found that an EDR was one solution. I've done an EDR and 'Repeat Schedule Commands' has now appeared and seems to be working! A mystery as to where it went but at least it's working again. Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply.

Hi neville_hill

Be careful using the Repeat command though if you use the Schedule Library rule. Don't use the Repeat on any schedule that copies commands in from the Schedule Library.

It will work the first time that the schedule runs but what happens is that it will repeat the copy from the library command and then copy all of the individual commands that have been copied in as well. After the first run through the schedule will be completely screwed up.

Regards

Brian

Ah, that's interesting Brian... So do you put the repeat command within ( at the end of) the schedule in the Library? Or do you put the schedule from the Library in the Driver Command Bar and then add a 'repeat schedule' command after it? I can see I will have to do some experimenting next week.....

Hi again

If I need to repeat a schedule that contains a Copy from Schedule Library command I don't use the Repeat command at all. The schedule is created in the Schedule Library and its last command is to copy itself into the loco schedule again. This will then run continuously until either you stop it or an error occurs.

The Schedule Library is a great tool for creating fully auto sessions. I tend to break a session down to small sections which makes it much easier to debug. These small sections can then be combined with the copy command to create much bigger schedules. If you then have problems it is much easier to find the section of the schedule that is causing the issue. I test each section thoroughly before moving on to the next one. While it can be time consuming it is worth doing as it saves a lot of time later once you know that the section can be trusted to do what you intend

I also make extensive use of the Interlocking Towers and Mission Codes by P Guy which take a lot of the indecision away from the AI drivers and keeps the train on the correct track without them getting lost and either stopping or having a wander around.

Regards

Brian

In TRS22 how do make a driver continuously repeat a series of commands ad infinitum? I'm using the Schedule Library and 'Copy command from' but the old solutions no longer seem to be there: the 'Repeat' command has disappeared, the 'Reset List' command is missing, 'Enable Repeat' doesn't seem to do anything and the support on the original German website for it is defunct. This is such a basic function in sessions that there surely must be a simple way....? I'm on build 119451. Thanks for any help.

My recent experience in TRS19 SP1 indicates that Enable Repeat does not function, at least for me. The suggestion earlier in this thread to put Copy Commands at the end of the Schedule Library command set looks to be the answer. Otherwise, any commands in the driver bar before the Enable Repeat are repeated anyway with a Repeat in the Driver Bar. So, if you are waiting for a trigger, for instance, that command will be repeated, and the trigger may not occur again in your route.

Last edited:
Back