How do I go about buying TRS22 with a Silver Class Membership?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Okay, so I’ve gotten my paycheck and I’m ready to buy TRS22, my only problem is how do I do it with my Silver Class Membership? I see only Trainz+ and Gold Pass membership, but I don’t want to deal with beta testing, I’d rather leave that up to those who could deal with the problems that come with it. Do I have to raise a helpdesk ticket or do I do something else?

I believe your Silver is tied to your account so if you simply purchase 22 and install/register with same account you should still have your Silver benefits. In fact you can likely point it to your current user data folder and not have to redownload everything.

Consider... for just a bit more than Silver you can get Gold and TRS22 would be included. You wouldn't have to pay for a new version every 2-3 years and you get the benefits of Gold. Just a reminder as Gold may not be for you.

Last edited:
It still says pre-purchase but what you get is the retail release when you download it. It won't effect the silver membership at all.

I have silver and have tried to "purchase" TRS 2022 but every time I press the purchase button it returns me to the upgrade page for gold and I am going around in circles to download the new version. What I am suppose to be doing?

I have silver and have tried to "purchase" TRS 2022 but every time I press the purchase button it returns me to the upgrade page for gold and I am going around in circles to download the new version. What I am suppose to be doing?[/INDENT]

Are you in MyTrainz > MyMemberships (auran.com) or in https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022?

When clicking the buy button (it still says pre-order- we'll get that fixed asap), it takes you to https://store.trainzportal.com/cart (assuming you're logged in to the store).
From there click Checkout and don't forget to use your discount code when purchasing.

Consider... for just a bit more than Silver you can get Gold and TRS22 would be included. You wouldn't have to pay for a new version every 2-3 years and you get the benefits of Gold. Just a reminder as Gold may not be for you.

You wouldn't have to pay for a new version every 2-3 years as you'd be paying pretty much every year enough to buy a new version.

Gold may be many things, but it's not the most cost effective way to use Trainz.

You wouldn't have to pay for a new version every 2-3 years as you'd be paying pretty much every year enough to buy a new version.

That might be true if you are looking at cost effective only. But it only takes figuring in yearly cost of the new version, FCT, and a couple of routes to offset Gold subscription then you have the advantage of having access to all updates and all content, which is quite different that the "cost effective" result. Since you were talking about buying '22 outright I just thought I'd offer a reminder, that's all. Do what works for you, of course. Some people use the Store somewhat over a year and Gold would be more cost effective for them.

I believe your Silver is tied to your account so if you simply purchase 22 and install/register with same account you should still have your Silver benefits. In fact you can likely point it to your current user data folder and not have to redownload everything.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I’m in Orlando, Florida for USA Special Olympics Games competing in Bowling and been pretty busy. The reason why I’m not upgrading to Gold Membership is because of one reason: Beta testing, which I mentioned in the opening post, is included in Gold Class and I have no interest in that. Silver Class already has access to DLC, which is why I wanted it, so why should I pay extra for something I don’t want, access to beta testing? I’ll leave that to the more technically minded folks of the forums.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I’m in Orlando, Florida for USA Special Olympics Games competing in Bowling and been pretty busy. The reason why I’m not upgrading to Gold Membership is because of one reason: Beta testing, which I mentioned in the opening post, is included in Gold Class and I have no interest in that. Silver Class already has access to DLC, which is why I wanted it, so why should I pay extra for something I don’t want, access to beta testing? I’ll leave that to the more technically minded folks of the forums.

Which is exactly why I also said "just a reminder as Gold may not be for you."

The process was confusing. I upgraded my membership to silver, expecting TRS22 to be available.... but I had to buy the base package too. Hope its all worth it!

Back