Help! New trains are invisible!

drb4

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Just got TRS 2006 (great game so far), but I am having a problem:

I am trying to install the Dash 9-44C found on protrainz.com and when I install any of them (or any other trains) I can select them in railyard but they are 'invisible'.

Here is what I am doing:

1)download and import CDP using CMP
2) get rid of the extra kuid from the config txt file, as instructed on protrainz.com
3) committing the asset
4) trying to run TRS2006, but the new trains are 'invisible'

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

Let me ask you a quick question...

Can you place them in surveyor? Does a preview of the asset appear in the preview window?

Go into CMP, find the loco under the Installed tab. Right Click on it and hit Download. There might be something on the DLS that it needs.

Does CMP show this loco to have missing dependencies?
Does CMP show this loco has errors?
If you can't fix it, post the kuid number here and we'll help you.

Bob

Well, CMP doesn't show any missing dependencies, nor does it show any errors (at least the error bar is greyed out).

It seems to occur with EVERY locomotive I try to install... here are the range of kuids:

52779:125 Dash 9-44cw - BNSF
52779:126 Dash 9-44cw - BNSF
2:113556:89915:1 BNSF C44-9W
2:113556:6000107:1 BNSF SD70Ace

Pretty frustrating, but I really appreciate all of the help. Like I said, the dependencies don't show up as missing, no errors are found, and I can select the locos in surveyor or railyard, but they are 'invisible'.

Again, any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Figured it out.

A number of the dependencies were available but not committed (open for edit). Now that I have it figured out all is well.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

Back