help needed with track problem

misterchugg

hi all

i am using trainz classic and remaking some older routes to play in here.

when i save the route in surveyor and then go back in the next time, my rail track (mp wood - low poly?) is always above the ground.

i also find huge drops or rises in the track.

i have tried the levelling tool but it just makes the ground and the track go lower down.

i also have a problem keeping the track straight.
it always has little squiggles in it

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
ron

"I have tried the leveling tool but it just makes the ground and the track go lower down."

You have to set the track height with the advanced tab in surveyor to lock the track height, then the ground level tool will work properly.

"i also have a problem keeping the track straight.
it always has little squiggles in it"

Use the striaghten track tool for this.

hi mate
where in the advanced part is this lock the track heights?
i cannot see it

i hve tried the straighten track tool but when i come back in after a save
it reverts to the squiggly bits

any ideas what this may be caused by?

thanks for your help
ron

To set the track spline points to be a fixed height : when in Surveyor go to the Surveyor menu (top left) and select Surveyor Options and select "On" for the fixed track vertex height setting. This will set new or edited track spline points to not move up or down when the terrain level is changed. It doesn't make existing track spline points fixed though.

hi
for track with ballast on it, i'm using mp wood, what should the correct heights be avove ground level?

thanks
ron

The track will be laid at ground height, you dont need to try and set track above ground or else you will get spaces under the track.

Just lay the track on your ground then click the advance section at the bottom of the track selection. The bottom row click the left button then click the spline point. This will get the height of the spline and will display its height to the right of the button. Now click the button to the right of this display then click on the spline point, it will turn yellow, this means it is fixed at that height. Any track between two yellow spline points can have the ground level meet the track without the track moving. The drops and rises are caused by the track following the ground because the spline points are white.

Back