Need help with height adjustment

Jayco-man

I have some track laid down and then I have some track overlaying that. Now I want to raise one set of the tracks up, but when I put the number in the height block and pick the track it lowers the track instead of raising it. I'm thanking the land is at 0 so if I put a positive number then it should go up and a negative number should go down. No matter what I do it goes down. I'm working in HD terrain, so if someone could help me out with this problem, please.

Have you locked the tracks and set them both the same height?

If one of the tracks isn't locked, then that track will move up or down with the terrain like any spline.

Please validate that the ground is really a 0m
I placed two tracks, one crossing over the other. Picked one track, put 6m in the height box and for one of the tracks, selected Apply height. It moved up. If I'm not too fussy about exact numbers, the fine Adjustment Tool gizmo can quickly move the track up and down too, either one of the spline points or the whole track segment at once.

It should be. This is what I did:

apply-height.JPG

Ok maby is because I'm getting my height of the track off of google maps and trying to use that height as my input, would that have a different odd effect?

Last edited:
Thanks for answering, but no nothing is locked.
You need to lock the height by clicking on the spline points. In Surveyor 1.0, the spline points turn yellow. All spline points should be yellow, otherwise the track with the white spline or unlocked spline points will move all over the place.

Ok maby is because I'm getting my height of the track off of google maps and trying to use that height as my input, would that have a different odd effect?
Perhaps, my DEM generated map has different heights across the board. If I input a specific value in the Height box, it might be above or below the current height of one particular spot.

Back