help needed with finding a directory

GelGiGue

i have bought the talyllyn adventures route, which is not in CDP form. because of this, i can not import it normally. does anyone know the correct directory for installing a route?

Did this come as a .zip or .rar file?

When you downloaded the file, it came down into your Downloads folder.

On the PC, you would open up This Computer and choose the downloads folder.

You will then have to decompress the archive. For zip files, you can do this within Explorer, but with rar files you need WinRAR or 7zip. (WinRAR will also open up zip files as well).

With the archive open, you can then extract the content to a folder such as your downloads folder. Sometimes this will create a sub-folder usually in the same name as the archive.

You can then drag that sub-folder into Content Manager, or use File-Import from the file-menu in Content Manager to import that folder and content into TRS2019.

Thanks for replying.

it was a ZIP file, although i do not know how this was relevant seeing as my question was which file to install routes in was.

does anyone know the correct directory for installing a route?

In the early days of Trainz all assets were stored in folders that could be accessed by the Windows Explorer so you could "drag and drop" a folder containing content directly into Trainz. But as this had major disadvantages, all installs are now controlled via Content Manager so there are no folders in which you can drop your assets.

John's question and subsequent description is correct.

Did this come as a .zip or .rar file?

You will then have to decompress the archive. For zip files, you can do this within Explorer, but with rar files you need WinRAR or 7zip. (WinRAR will also open up zip files as well).

With the archive open, you can then extract the content to a folder such as your downloads folder. Sometimes this will create a sub-folder usually in the same name as the archive.

Once decompressed you can then use CM to install the assets into Trainz.

You can then drag that sub-folder into Content Manager, or use File-Import from the file-menu in Content Manager to import that folder and content into TRS2019.

Back