help finding 2' guage logging cars

JohnnyG1973

Hi, does anyone know where I could find some 24" NG logging skeleton cars (loadable). I have plenty of 36" and would hate to have to use them. I have looked over the DLS and couldn't find any and also visited SlugSmasher's site but nothing (unless I'm overlooking something) It does not matter to me if the content is DLS or otherwise. I appreaciate any help and thanks. John:)

I stuck a couple of 24" bogies under Slugsmasher's 22ft Mich-Cal skeleton kuid2:86661:15430:3, and they look pretty good.
Norm

You can use my Gilpin ore car bogey for the mich cal skeleton mentioned above. The kuid is 86661-50205. It doesn't quite line up on the bolster height but looks ok during normal viewing.

I will note making a proper 2 foot skeleton as something to do in the near future.

thanks

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I'm kinda learning yet so I have no idea how to change bogies (are trucks the same thing?). I'm sure it's not too difficult and figure it out soon enough. There have been a few times I have had difficulty with TRS and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling everything. From what I read here that doesn't sound that uncommon to have to do that. I can remember previously having content that I have forgotten where I found it(sucks starting over). One such item is a 36" loadable hopper for woodchips and such. I am using the Northbay Sawmill and it has 2 loading tracks for lumber. I have placed a multi-industry track on top of one of these tracks and am using it to create woodchips/sawdust and can remember having a 36"ng loadable hopper. If anyone knows where I can find this again that would be great! Thanks:D

Clone the Mich-Cal car, then open the config file and replace the <kuid2:86661:50302:1> with <kuid:86661:50205> and change the username to something like 24ga mich-cal skeleton. Can't help you with the hopper, but save your local folder to somewhere else when reinstalling, then copy it back so you don't lose your downloads.
Norm

Gondola hopper kuid 86661-15053 on DLS

Somebody with more time than I have could make a short walkthrough for you to get those bogeys on there. Good luck.

Back