Headcodes not saving with session?

I have locomotives set up with the headcode lamps, as per the AJS superscript. I'll set the headcodes in Surveyor and save the session. Then when I load the session, it'll show all lamps and I have to jump into Surveyor to reset the headcodes.

Am I missing something? How do I get Trainz to actually save the headcodes with the session?

There are issues with Andi's Superscript working in TRS22 and up. Paul Cass and others have been working to resolve this.

AFAIK, Superscript never did headcodes as such although it did marker lights, destination boards and the like. Even though the CRG had a Superscript repair completed, but not fully tested, we found that some creators had modified some of Andi's standard scripts and that created such a problem that the project is now in limbo. Personally, I think Superscript should be retired. Brilliant for its time but extraordinarily complex and suffered from script timeouts because of the way it retrieved and stored data.

Dundun92's recently WagonX script library can do headcodes although I've not tried it. WagonX can do much of what Superscript did but is more abstract in approach and uses extensions data in the config for creators to tailor traincars and locos appearance (liveries), lamps, attachments, and the like. It requires NO SCRIPTING by the author except to use a standard stub script.

Setting up the extensions data in the config is a bit daunting at first but I'm in the process of developing some some Trainz WiKi pages from Joseph's original Google docs. See How to use the WagonX library.

The documentation is incomplete and needs more examples. I'll be adding those when I find some time.

Sorry, when I said 'headcodes' I meant the 'marker lamp' scripting - the one that shows the markers on the front of the train. Didn't realise they were separate things. I thought the arrangement of the markers was the headcode.

Back