Haunted Crossing

This place is freaky!!! Skeletons appear out of a very thick rising fog along with a car! The rumor is that a steam train had derailed here in the 1800's and that the spirits still live here. Now it isn't like we haven't heard that one before, but this video actually proves after life phenomenon! It always happens at night, right after the lone engine run from yard to yard. This time it was a UP SD70M, usually it is a pair of GP15's or MP15DC's. This place even screwed around with my camera. Pictures are merged together to "disrupt" the proof. Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkGqWvqvIgA

lol good i got some pics of haunted crossings on my layout also will post stories behind them later
hiawathiaghostor0.jpg

wow.
that is pretty sad.
there is no 'ghost engine' its the hiawatha in photoshop, edited to look like its a ghost.
you guys are kinda gullible, if you ask me:eek:

wow.
that is pretty sad.
there is no 'ghost engine' its the hiawatha in photoshop, edited to look like its a ghost.

No dude, I know I have seen that before. I know that it is on the DLS I just don't know the name of it.

My Story...

never mind. ;) :p
heres a ghost i found while running a loco through a TER Route. :eek:

CSX used to own the line but its been 100 years scince CSX was abandonded it gave way to The company of the loco on the right. But engineers every once in a while see a CSX loco Running on the old abandonded tracks. Ghosts....:eek: :'(

GoastCSX.jpg

Many never want to use that line or run on it their so scared.
One train every night sits at a signal at the end of a tunnel waiting...waiting...waiting but it never moves. Historians believe it CSX # 2776.

In 2007, #2776, a gas train, was waiting there for the signal to change then CSX #4697 Come out of the tunnel brakes failling and ran into the the train and exploded violently. A fire destroyed both trains but that morning nothing was there no debre no sign of damage the wreck of #2776 and #4697 was gone. :eek:

Both crews were gone and the signal was still red and the line was clear. they couldnt make the signal work so they abandonded it and tore up the tracks. People at the station every aniversery of the disaster see a engineer walking the station then disapear.:confused:

That was the worst from CSX and soon after they closed.:'(
The line is abandonded now, so many incidents happen there. Many have derailed without warning and the track are in good condition.
It is indeed a haunted line and no one really know what it is about..just like ghosts are...:eek:

Last edited:
wow.
that is pretty sad.
Gullible? :eek:
I just don't feel like paying for photo shop so thats why i did not know.. =|

ok, if this 'supposed' ghost engine is real, point me to a link, ether a 3rd party website, or on the DLS, and that is when i shall believe you...:eek:

CSX used to own the line but its been 100 years scince CSX was abandonded it gave way to The company of the loco on the right. But engineers every once in a while see a CSX loco Running on the old abandonded tracks. Ghosts....:eek: :'(

GoastCSX.jpg

One train every night sits at a signal at the end of a tunnel waiting...waiting...waiting but it never moves. Historians believe it CSX # 2776.

In 2007, #2776, a gas train, was waiting there for the signal to change then CSX #4697 Come out of the tunnel brakes failling and ran into the the train and exploded violently. A fire destroyed both trains but that morning nothing was there no debre no sign of damage the wreck of #2776 and #4697 was gone. :eek:

Both crews were gone and the signal was still red and the line was clear. they couldnt make the signal work so they abandonded it and tore up the tracks. People at the station every aniversery of the disaster see a engineer walking the station then disapear.:confused:

That was the worst from CSX and soon after they closed.
The line is abandonded now, so many incidents happen there. Many have derailed without warning and the track are in good condition.
It is indeed a haunted line and no one really know what it is about..just like ghosts are...:eek:
Love the story :eek:

Me two. I just don't like it involves C.S.X my friend works as an engineer on the rr. Oh the hiawathia is gimped. sorry to burst everyones bubble.:(

lol good i got some pics of haunted crossings on my layout also will post stories behind them later
hiawathiaghostor0.jpg
here is the story. In 1927 the Hiawathi hudson was going over a crossing when it suddenly started to rip apart. the headlight hit and killed a viewer nearby then a few miles down the line, the whole boielr exploded and killed a few people. after that the milwakuee route stopped running hudsons. But every night on that day in history the hudson comes back to try to make it''s final run. No engineer would ever make the run on that line. So the line was abandoned. The 2 conrail locos are just scrap relecs.

Last edited:
I loved the ghost stories but this one scared me the most.

GoastCSX.jpg

That was the worst from CSX and soon after they closed.:'(

ok, if this 'supposed' ghost engine is real, point me to a link, ether a 3rd party website, or on the DLS, and that is when i shall believe you...:eek:

When it's not being Gimped, the Hiawatha engine is the MR F7 Hudson, on the DLS. It's also a bit of a ghost. Unless it's been fixed, it has a tendency to hover above the tracks when first placed. As soon as you move it it drops down to track level, so it works fine, and it looks great!

:cool:Claude

More.......

Me two. I just don't like it involves C.S.X my friend works as an engineer on the rr. Oh the hiawathia is gimped. sorry to burst everyones bubble.:(

@ K4Driver
yes i know i hate that it involves CSX too. But both locos if you look have a 3 letter name. CSX on the left, and the other one also translated is CSX.:p

It also was the only loco pics that i had that fitted together to make it look real. Sorry K4.

@Ben
Theres a real one i know that involves NYC. ;)

Well at Dewitt Yard in East Syaracuse around 1940 NYC #1258, A passenger, was running to A Military Training fort somewhere south.

It was a foggy night and the engineer could see less that 5 feet looking off the platform with the head light of the loco. :confused:

Then NYC #4000 came up the same track at near 40 MPH and collided and killed everyone in the train and both engineers. :'(

Yet passsengers in the station said just right after the accident both trains had disapeared before the clean up and help crews arrived.

To this day is you stand on the same platform on a night such as when it happened and the tracks are empty you might see a ghost train appear.:eek: :eek:
NAH just kidding. :p :hehe:
Ive heard a lot of storys like that though. :D

I heard of that. Anyone ever hear of dread 107. any d&rgw fans will know the story. If you weant to knowq the story say it on here. I know a bunch of train stories and superstitions. if you wanna know any just start a thread called ghost train

Back