Good country branchlines?

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Can anyone recommend good British branch line routes? I've got Ashburton - Windrush but I'd like one or two more if there are any good ones.

Cheers!

Can anyone recommend good British branch line routes? I've got Ashburton - Windrush but I'd like one or two more if there are any good ones.

Cheers!

I don't have an FCT, so am not really able to download any routes, but from the looks of it, Paul's 'Much Murkle' route seems to be a country-themed route.

My Tristyn & District - GWR has a lot of rural branch line mileage, and Rosworth Vale - LNER is predominantly open country running, although has limited branch workings per se. I note that you have TANE-Std which means that both those route could show a few missing assets, but I don't believe it is anything that cannot be worked around! Regards. Colin.

My Tristyn & District - GWR has a lot of rural branch line mileage, and Rosworth Vale - LNER is predominantly open country running, although has limited branch workings per se. I note that you have TANE-Std which means that both those route could show a few missing assets, but I don't believe it is anything that cannot be worked around! Regards. Colin.

Hi Colin,

I forgot to specify in my original post but I'm still using Trainz Mac 2 (equivalent to TS12), so T:ANE routes are no good to me. However, I have just downloaded the original Tristyn for TS12 and am very fond of it, so thank you!

ISTR there's a Fairford Branch on the DLS, albeit when I looked at it didn't seem 100% geographically accurate and had some eye watering gradients which never existed on the prototype.

For the benefit of those not familiar with this route it became something of a railway modellers' cliché in the 60's and 70's, being the quintessential GWR branch line. So there is probably justification for someone else to have a go at bringing it to life in Trainz!

On the subject of GWR branches, there is also a rather excellent rendition of the Lambourn Valley Railway which I believe is on the DLS.

You could give the Lambourn Valley Railway a try V03 kuid 129486:1801507:1 I have now got TS12 but I cant seem to get it run on but had better luck with TS2009 only wish it was set up to run on TS12...Paul

Back