Gauntlet or Gantlet

PeriScope

A gauntlet is an armoured glove usually associated with the armour worn by knights of old. A gantlet is a railroad term for a two-track line in which the tracks overlap each other. both bendorsey and chuckster offer some lovely gantlet bridges. Can someone tell me how to signal these bridges properly in TRS2006? All of my attempts have failed to position signals properly regardless of the direction of travel. Response may be made directly to my e-Mail address: paulwest@rogers.com. Thank you in advance and all the best.

Not sure, but this might be worth a try...

gantlet.jpg

The red and blue tracks are the gantlet tracks across a bridge. J1 and J2 are junctions made with invisible track (green) and invisible levers. They lead to nowhere and have no track end markers.

Mizi has a 'Junction Link' rule on the dls which can link J1 and J2 in such a way that they always throw in opposite directions, so when the AI has one junction set for the 'real' track, the other junction throws to the unsignalled stub, giving a red sig in the other direction....

Should work.

OK, might work.....

Andy :confused:

Back