Galaxy Railways Big 1

Fixed the textures, it turns out that the UV maps are flipped in Blender somehow. Also, i textured the G8001 plate so it doesn't look weird every time i preview it.

20231109215657_1.jpg

That is one of the added parts textured.

Not bad at all. UV being flipped would definitely explain that problem.

Yeah, just gotta get the taller stack, light, and everything else painted to match the rest of the loco, not to mention replacing the UP shield up front with the Sirius Platoon logo.

I might try to add that rear walkway just like in the show because it's portrayed as the command center. Also, i choose the oil tender because i think it makes more sense unlike in the show they have Big One using a normal coal tender.

Okay, a little problem. I've been trying to remove that UP frame around the Sirius Insignia, but any alpha method just doesn't work. I can't just delete it in Blender too, because it messed up the animation
image.png

That definitely is a problem. I've seen it done on other models but how is another matter.

In the meantime you could try putting the logo in front of the frame.

Yeah, that's literally what i did as of now. I think i should let that go. At least i'll try to do other parts to make up for it. And i think i will release it for free. Any copyright concerns, that's on me.

Nice! I now only need to revise some parts to try to make it Trainz 12 compatible. If you happen to use it, then i'd be happy to see the result!

Here is the link for my version of Big One. I hope it doesn't get copyrighted. If you want to share this to your server or community, feel free to do so, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T REUPLOAD IT, ONLY SHARE THIS ORIGINAL LINK.
link has been pulled, i'm sorry

Last edited:
Here is the preview of it. The final look of Big One should be with the top headlight working

20231116213432_1.jpg
20231117224441_1.jpg

Last edited:
I revised the model for anyone wondering. The link is different but still accessible from above. Now the front drivers show proper model of the Sirius Insignia and the funnel is also revised.

20231225180222_1.jpg

I revised the model for anyone wondering. The link is different but still accessible from above. Now the front drivers show proper model of the Sirius Insignia and the funnel is also revised.

20231225180222_1.jpg
Hi,bro the big one is broken it cannot load the mesh in ts2009 can you fix it?

Hi,bro the big one is broken it cannot load the mesh in ts2009 can you fix it?
I tested it in Trs19, which is why i can't guarantee that it will work on previous Trainz versions. I'm sorry, but you might need to upgrade at least a Trainz that supports trainz-build 3.5 upwards. Or you can maybe edit the config manually, i'm not sure if that will help.

Back