Frustration gets the better of me

Herlev

Hi Trainz community

well my problem is that when you download a route from Download Station and it is from a version
of trainz which is no longer supported
I have downloaded the route [La Route De Manon ]from the download station by the creator LDR.
it is uploaded at 2008 to the download station.
Now this is the main problem
There are so many dependencies for that route which is no longer any where to download.
i have used 3 weeks to find the missing content and i use Trainzkuidindex as one of the search
engines.
Now the only way that you would be able to get a complete route is to get the creator [ ldr ] to
pas on the missing kuids as he would be the only one who would have the contents that you can no longer
get
I have sent LDR private message but not heard from him
So my point is this.
If the creator of older routes for trainz is not prepared to help you to get a complete route
what is the point then that the route is on the Download station when you infarct can not
get a completer route and enjoy to drive on it
This is what i am missing of the route [ La Route De Manon ]
and Maine thing is the track
Unknown Location: <kuid:125910:29034>
Unknown Location: <kuid:158711:2620>
Unknown Location: <kuid:158711:2630>
Unknown Location: <kuid:61109:11027>
Unknown Location: <kuid:95798:28143>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:138607:25210:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:53261:25094:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:57230:21025:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:95798:41:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:95798:42:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:95798:43:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:95798:44:1>
Kind Regards
Tonny. [ herlev ]

Do you actually need all these assets to drive the route, probably not. Instead of trying to contact the route creator why not contact those who created these assets. Peter

Hi.
Why do you think that i am asking for those kuids if i do not need them.
how do You contact a creator who is no longer here.
do you think i am that stupid and naive message
Read my message again and the bit about [ content not to be found ]
herlev

Websites and creators do disappear, forever ... You have to deal with that fact, and work around that, and substitute missing dependencies, with other known dependencies

Hello herlev. I thought i sent you
Unknown Location: <kuid2:138607:25210:1>. You need to replace the last 1 with a 3
Unknown Location: <kuid2:53261:25094:1>. You need to replace the last 1 with a 3
Unknown Location: <kuid2:57230:21025:1>. You don't need to replace this kuid.
I send them to you.
About
I have them, but they are faulty, with missing textures and meshes. Do you want to have them?
Regards,
Roine

This is the problem when the DLS supports hosting of items which do not have all the dependent assets on the DLS. IMHO either a condition of uploading to the DLS should be that all the dependencies (including sub-parts like bogies or wheels) are also present, or perhaps relegate such items to a "user beware" section.

Tonny, why are you getting frustrated? You down loaded a route from 8 years ago. A lot of things have changed since then and some assets do not work in the newer versions. Some were built-ins that where not carried forward. You should load it into one of your earlier versions and see what you get. You might even fine the missing assets.

Hi Roine
thanks for your reply.
yes i got those.
This ia all i am now missing for the route
La Route De Manon
Unknown Location: <kuid:125910:29034>
Unknown Location: <kuid:158711:2620>
Unknown Location: <kuid:158711:2630>
Unknown Location: <kuid:61109:11027>
Unknown Location: <kuid:95798:28143>
Herlev

This is the problem when the DLS supports hosting of items which do not have all the dependent assets on the DLS. IMHO either a condition of uploading to the DLS should be that all the dependencies (including sub-parts like bogies or wheels) are also present, or perhaps relegate such items to a "user beware" section.
That would seem to relegate 3rd party hosting sites irrelevant.

All those unknown location kuids that Herlev reports could be on one of those 3rd party sites or they could have been deprecated. As Lewis said, its an 8 year old route. Load that route into the version it was made for and see what happens.

HI.
i Reinstalled trainz 2006 and there where none of the missing content.
All i can say is.
Do not download any route prior to Trainz 2009 as there will be to many
missing content that can not longer be found.
And if the creator can not help you to get any missing content the
routes should be taken of the download station
herlev

Wasn't all the built in items from TS2010 (which included the accumulated assets from earlier versions) supposed to have been put on the DLS when TS12 came out? It would appear not!

Wasn't all the built in items from TS2010 (which included the accumulated assets from earlier versions) supposed to have been put on the DLS when TS12 came out? It would appear not!

If the content is on the DLS, he can't download due to Chinese Internet restrictions which has been the crux of his frustration.

Back