Field of view

Dyratrast

Is there a way to lock the field of view at 25? I think it looks better set at 25 but as soon as i hit a view change button it automatically goes back to 45 and i have to pause change back to 25. Is there a way to prevent it from changing back to 45 on its own every single time regardless of what buttons are pressed?

I'm sorry but none of that makes any sense to me. What do you mean by "field of view" (I would guess that it is the camera point of view - in Driver?) and where do the figures "25" and "45" come from?

Puzzled.

Field of view can be found in Driver go to settings then go to Interface Settings then at the top you will find the setting/slider for Field of view.

Luke

Well you learn new things all the time in this game (sorry! Real Life Railway Simulation:D). I had never noticed that setting before.

I must say that, personally, I cannot see any advantage in this setting as I am always zooming the point of view in and out and never stick with the same setting, but others may disagree and find it useful. I have no idea on how to make the value "stick" and my limited experiments gave variable results - some settings stuck and others didn't.

The numbers don’t appear to relate to photography lenses but i get the impression with the setting at 45 zooming appears to be within a wide angle range while 25 is more like a normal to telephoto range. I prefer the 25 setting and use it for screenshots.

Ya i have no idea what the numbers mean either and i to just discovered it not long ago lol. I just personally like the closer view (25) provides more realism for me like i am there trackside, and for taking photos. It automatically changes back from 25 to 45 when changing views. I am wondering if there is a way to prevent it from auto changing back.

Back