Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Sorry if any ideas were used before but this thread is too large to know at this point

Southern E8A in Crescent Scheme:
6901.jpg

SD60M "Triclops":
SD60M-6088.jpg

BN%209201%20-%20SD60M.jpg

Maybe also have NS, BNSF or SOO/CP Triclops units

SDP40F's in Phases I-III + AMTRK 644(Maersk):
amt502d.jpg

NS SD60E:
132692967.BxWze89p.jpg

NS C40-8.5W as well?

Again. Sorry if any of these ideas were repeated

Southern E8A in Crescent Scheme:
6901.jpg

Magicland has already made two. Both on the Download Station

SD60M "Triclops":

SD60M-6088.jpg

BN%209201%20-%20SD60M.jpg

srs made AWESOME tri-clops SD60M's in both Union Pacific and BN paint schemes. They're not available right now, but they will return.

NS SD60E:
132692967.BxWze89p.jpg

I agree on that one.

NS C40-8.5W as well?

Deadpoolmx55 has several screenshots of a C40-8.5W in Conrail colors, but has the roadnumbers on the sides of the cab in Norfolk Southern colors and the new cab still in primer. I'm hoping that it'll be released, as I'd get that one for sure.

Last edited:
Deadpoolmx55 has several screenshots of a C40-8.5W in Conrail colors, but has the roadnumbers on the sides of the cab in Norfolk Southern colors and the new cab still in primer. I'm hoping that it'll be released, as I'd get that one for sure.

this one.... ?
fc2f14e651568de688855c8a841d53d4.jpg

I was referring to when they finally get a picture of them completely rebuilt and repainted.

Magicland has already made two. Both on the Download Station

srs made AWESOME tri-clops SD60M's in both Union Pacific and BN paint schemes. They're not available right now, but they will return.

I agree on that one.

The E-8's that are currently available are woefully outdated..... They tend to kinda look like Tyco Plastic Toys in comparison to the newer surroundings you can drop them in.....

SRS did make some awesome SD-60 Tri-clops.... And then he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet, taking his site and the Downloads with him..... He posted some awesome shots of SD75Ms he was working on as well as a German Loco (M6?) that I'd have been happy to DL, and then ttbomk nobodies heard from him since (Dr Livingston perhaps?). His SD-60s were the same as the 2 examples posted, UP and BN.

Perrock? I think? Someone did some Amtrak SDP-40s (Though I have to ask why youd want such a short lived Locomotive), I think they're available on that Amtrak Site of his, if not they're on someone affiliated with that site (Just can't remember, been too long since I bothered with them). Again, they're woefully outdated, but they're SDP-40s.

The Conrail Blue Frankenstein C40-8 is currently available to JR Club Car Members. I don't believe they're ever going to publicly release it outside of CC Members, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Falcus

MORE SUGGESTIONS!!!

APOLOGIES FOR THESE IMMENSE PICTURES!!!!!! IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESIZE PICTURES!!!!!!!!?????

SD90MAC-H2(I call them the king of the MAC's):
UP%208537%20%20%20526.JPG

U50/C Perhaps?

SP9950taylor0274.jpg

If it would be necessary for some people,I wonder if JR could make a nice DDA40X(One better than Auran):
DSCN5856%20UP6900%20at%20Council%20Bluffs%203-14-05.jpg

B32-8 would seem nice:
12-%20P90%20crosses%20Davidson%20River%20Tressle.jpg

C32-8:
60187D.jpg

or C38-9? Eh...There almost alike:
cr6006.jpg

APOLOGIES FOR THESE IMMENSE PICTURES!!!!!! IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESIZE PICTURES!!!!!!!!?????

up_sd9043mac_skin_a.png

kuid_101046_102357.jpg

kuid_-25_113.jpg

ns_c40-8.png

cr_c40-8.png

Near as I can tell, you srsly need to figure out Google..... Almost everything you suggested has already been done, most by JR, and... really? (Last time I do your research for you). Some of them aren't exact, but just as with any hobby APPROXIMATE REPRESENTATION is the Key. Honestly, not like it'd be hard to throw some 4 Axle trucks on those JR GE's anyway, even if it didn't look quite right anyway.....

Falcus

[snips]

Near as I can tell, you srsly need to figure out Google..... Almost everything you suggested has already been done, most by JR, and... really? (Last time I do your research for you). Some of them aren't exact, but just as with any hobby APPROXIMATE REPRESENTATION is the Key. Honestly, not like it'd be hard to throw some 4 Axle trucks on those JR GE's anyway, even if it didn't look quite right anyway.....

Falcus

...Wow...

MORE SUGGESTIONS!!!

SD90MAC-H2(I call them the king of the MAC's):
[snip]

U50/C Perhaps?
[snip,]

If it would be necessary for some people,I wonder if JR could make a nice DDA40X(One better than Auran):
[snip,]

B32-8 would seem nice:
12-%20P90%20crosses%20Davidson%20River%20Tressle.jpg

C32-8:
[snip,]

or C38-9? Eh...There almost alike:
[and snip]

I could not agree more on the B32-8's. I've wished for a good model of those for years. That picutre was taken on the TR line in Transylvania Co, NC, not too far from where I model and based from the same terminal.

Falcus

754.gif

Falcus

68bb89a51aa6d5f7bfa3831f526ffbd4d271e8cc7cefcfe1caf4792f2eae7f41.jpg

*WARNING: INTENSE ANGER AND RAGE AHEAD*

Well if that statement was meant to leave me steaming, good job. If you feel those ideas are crappy. Next time don't reply like that to anyone. Have you even thought about how much that can crush someone's creativity. Remember these are suggestions. Not a "YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS" kind of thread. Even if this was some sort of "constructive criticism", some people can take that to harshly. You may be a Trainz Veteran and know a lot more about this stuff but I could still differ on a majority of those pictures you used. And it appears I'm not the only one to say that. Those ideas were meant to be considered and I could imagine at least one of the things I suggested was put on here once before.

First off, that is an SD9034MAC with the older cab. The whole reason I put the SD90MAC-H was because of the cab difference. I like the newer cab and really would like to see it in Trainz on something other than an SD70ACe.

And the U50 you have in that picture I imagine it was made for Trainz 2004-06 since the quality of the U50 in that isn't as good as more recent engines created for TRainz 2009 & up.

Your criticism with everything including the DDA40X was not intended and I suggested it in hopes some user thought it to be a good idea to have a newer version even if Trainz went and upgraded theirs. Not as an idea to be rejected in the way you pretty much did.

Now there can be a major difference in a GE 4-axle or 6-axle. Mainly in length. And the NS section of JR could stand a 4-axle unit by GE. The CSX section has B30's and they're 2-axle.

Finally, don't even get me started on the current JR Conrail Dash 8 as a good substitute to C39's and 32's and no one Trainz user would notice. I could recognize either kind of Dash 8 from a mile. And at this point in time I feel one can go and can attempt make an exact engine like those at least 10 years after Trainz was able to download content add-ons. Some people can make approximate creations and some can hit the nail straight on the head. Take note the final few suggestions were ideas I went through rrpicturearchives under the models to spark ideas that could work

In conclusion, Hard or too easy, already done a long time ago, repetitive or not. I feel those were pretty darn good ideas anyway. And trust me I don't think I want to be in this situation EVER AGAIN!!! GOOD DAY...TO YOU...sir.

Last edited:
Back