Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

already on their way

67d8d7d462e7e5cb2fbe95a856e2e902.jpg
Yes! JR is finally making MP15AC-DC locomotives! If they come out nice, make them payware.
Regards
JTrainz

Yes! JR is finally making MP15AC-DC locomotives! If they come out nice, make them payware.
Regards
JTrainz

That's a MP15AC in the picture. The difference between a MP15DC and a MP15AC is that the MP15DC has their radiator grills on the front of the body. The MP15AC, which is in the picture, has the air intakes on the sides of the body. However, the turbocharged MP15T ('T' meaning Turbocharged) has the same air intake configuration, though there's a bulge in the other side of the body that is the blower duct for the turbocharger. I cannot tell from this side if it's an MP15AC or MP15T.

That's a MP15AC in the picture. The difference between a MP15DC and a MP15AC is that the MP15DC has their radiator grills on the front of the body. The MP15AC, which is in the picture, has the air intakes on the sides of the body. However, the turbocharged MP15T ('T' meaning Turbocharged) has the same air intake configuration, though there's a bulge in the other side of the body that is the blower duct for the turbocharger. I cannot tell from this side if it's an MP15AC or MP15T.

AC. The T is noticeably different with a taller and differently-shaped hood as well as a single exhaust stack.

Last edited:
AC. The T is noticeably different with a taller and differently-shaped hood as well as a single exhaust stack.

I knew about the single exhaust stack (which I forgot about when I saw the picture) and having eight engine doors (for the eight-cylinder 645 engine), plus the blower duct on the other side, but I've never heard or read anything about it being taller. How tall and any other differences?

Last edited:
I knew about the single exhaust stack (which I forgot about when I saw the picture) and having eight engine doors (for the eight-cylinder 645 engine), plus the blower duct on the other side, but I've never heard or read anything about it being taller. How tall and any other differences?

I don't know for certain how the overall hood heights compare but the T has a flat top, differing from the peaked top of previous models.

Back