Driver Error with PRR Class S1 Steam 6-4-4-6

CasyJ

Ear To The Rail
Whenever I attempt to add the PRR Class S1 Steam 6-4-4-6 engine to a map, I receive this error when the Driver window appears. All the KUIDs from DLS are installed. In which script would I find these parameters to repair them?

Casey, I can't quite read the pic that imageshack dl's - still too small for my old eyes. I can guess though that it says something about max-coal-mass. If it does then the problem is not with the script (which would be the defaultsteamcabin script) but with the engine spec you're using.

The S1 is actually a trainz1.3 loco and you had to modify the config to use a steam cab interior to get this far. I hope you read the tread that Phil Skene posted some years ago about updating locos like this one as there are a few other things you have to do to get it running as a steam loco - changing engine sounds and modifing the tender to carry fuel and water. Try this thread which reposts part of it if you missed it: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=949.

To clear the error I mentioned above you have to change the enginespec tag in the loco's config and reference a steam-engine spec instead of an engine spec. There are none on the DLS that are made for the PRR S1 class which was rated at 76400lbs starting tractive force and could do over 100 mph. I might suggest you try Billegulla's spec for the GS4 w/booster (kuid:81997:51441) for the time being. Bill's specs are pretty good but the GS4 is a slightly smaller loco and won't match the performance of the S1.

Good luck,
Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Yes, the error does say max-coal-mass. Actually, the original loco that I downloaded from a third party source came with a missing Interior asset and would not show up at all. I tried to substitute one of the default Auran steam interiors, I think it was the Big Boy, and the loco appeared in the Depot and could be placed with Surveyor, but when the scene was run, this error appeared appeared. I downloaded the loco again from DSL and the missing Interior asset was installed, but I still got the same error. Thanks for putting me on the right 'track' about this. I'll check out the threads and other information you provided.

Can't find KUIDs

I downloaded the BNSF 4449 off of Trainz commuter rail. I just re-installed Trainz and the SP 4449 says I have all the dependencies but it won't show in the game. Help! The BNSF 4449 is missing kuid 174941:50009 and 81997:51441. I know one can be found on the Download Station but I searched and cannot find it. I have TRS2006. Please help anyone!!!!! :(

Whear do you get it from

Whenever I attempt to add the PRR Class S1 Steam 6-4-4-6 engine to a map, I receive this error when the Driver window appears. All the KUIDs from DLS are installed. In which script would I find these parameters to repair them?

. Plez let me know Whear u got it from:):)

Back