DLS RUINED?

calrail

Trainz Rules
Hi Everyone
Forsome reason the DLS now says you must Have A first Class ticket to download.:( has anyone else experienced this or is it my computer?
Callum

This is because 2006 and lower versions are no longer supported, thus no access to DLS. There are two answers:

1) Pay for a FCT.
2) Pay for a later version eg. 2009 or 2010.

You will then be able to download objects created for all versions provided you tick the right boxes on the DLS first screen.

Option 2 will cost least for 2009, and will give several years access. I bought my 2009 in the UK for £7-50 a few weeks ago.

There has been much in the forums on this topic over the past few months.

Ray

Just checked - 2009 still available from Amazon for the same price with free delivery.

Last edited:
Option 2 will cost least for 2009, and will give several years access.
If 2006 is anything to go by, I would work on the estimate of 5 years with 2009.
(it may be longer, who knows with N3v ;) )

This is because 2006 and lower versions are no longer supported, thus no access to DLS. There are two answers:

1) Pay for a FCT.
2) Pay for a later version eg. 2009 or 2010.

You will then be able to download objects created for all versions provided you tick the right boxes on the DLS first screen.

Option 2 will cost least for 2009, and will give several years access. I bought my 2009 in the UK for £7-50 a few weeks ago.

There has been much in the forums on this topic over the past few months.

Ray

Just checked - 2009 still available from Amazon for the same price with free delivery.
Please Take Screenshots Of TRS2010 Let Me Now Send Me Screenshots Of The USA Signals Of TRS2010
icon7.gif

What happened...?

:cool: Did you forget the hundred-thousand subscribers to the DLS?

We are still here.

Please Take Screenshots Of TRS2010 Let Me Now Send Me Screenshots Of The USA Signals Of TRS2010
icon7.gif

No need - to my UK eye they appear to be the same in 2010 as in 2004, and presumably in other versions..

Ray

But what about the quality uploaders?

There aren't so many of those any more!

Casper
:(

There's your opportunity.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Tutorial_for_Blender#Newcomers_start_here

If you're looking for inspiration I'm after some quality coaches to go with Skipper1945's recent locos.

I'd be happy with something on TPR if you don't want to use TS2010 but it would be really great if you could make it error free for TS2010 as well. Just following the CCG exactly should do it.

Many Thanks

Cheerio John

Hello John.

I’ve been able to create quite successfully – in gmax. It took around four months to crack, so I’m avoiding another steep hill like Blender.

Being a bit of a slow learner I made several trackside assets (before I forgot the gmax process) prior to transferring to Trainz – which is where I’ve become stuck!

I’m somewhat closer having fathomed out some of the hidden file pathways in Vista, but I’m not there yet. Every time I fail and get frustrated I just go back to Surveyor and route building, where I can at least get something completed.

I must admit to losing the impetus when ’04 uploads were discontinued. I’d have probably had stuff in there by now if the incentive had been there. Being a bit of a perfectionist I would certainly have made sure that all of the standards were met so that users of all versions could have had the assets if they felt they were any good.

Thanks for the TPR offer/suggestion. I might well consider that option if and when I get re-motivated. I registered a few weeks ago. It’s a good site!

Cheers
Casper

Hello John.

I’ve been able to create quite successfully – in gmax. It took around four months to crack, so I’m avoiding another steep hill like Blender.

Being a bit of a slow learner I made several trackside assets (before I forgot the gmax process) prior to transferring to Trainz – which is where I’ve become stuck!

I’m somewhat closer having fathomed out some of the hidden file pathways in Vista, but I’m not there yet. Every time I fail and get frustrated I just go back to Surveyor and route building, where I can at least get something completed.

I must admit to losing the impetus when ’04 uploads were discontinued. I’d have probably had stuff in there by now if the incentive had been there. Being a bit of a perfectionist I would certainly have made sure that all of the standards were met so that users of all versions could have had the assets if they felt they were any good.

Thanks for the TPR offer/suggestion. I might well consider that option if and when I get re-motivated. I registered a few weeks ago. It’s a good site!

Cheers
Casper

The big problems are texturing and moving everything into Trainz as you've probably found out.

Try the Blender side its not quite as bad as GMAX and its a lot more powerful when you start to do more complex things. The step by step tutorial is for a very basic house but change the texture file a little and you can knock out some quite interesting things. Albert Street wasn't that difficult to do and we could always do with a few more terraces. Track side stuff if you have the textures sorted out should be fairly easy.

There is a fair bit of knowledge floating around the forum in Blender these days.

Cheerio John

Back