DLS map disappeared - I want my route back

kaw4014

I just downloaded a DLS map and it downloaded all 300-something assets I needed and then when it was done, I went to my route tab and it wasn't there. I know for a fact that what I downloaded was a route (I had "Category: Route" on) and it's not on the DLS OR my "Installed". All the assets I needed are downloaded and in my game - except the route. I wasted a lot of storage space on my already dying computer, I want my money's worth.

I'm not sure if you just want a moan or some actual help. If the latter you're going to have say which route you were trying to download and what version of Trainz you have.

Apologies, I leaned too hard on the sarcasm.

It was the Pittsburgh to Philly route and I have TRS 19

In my TRS19, build 114800, I just now downloaded Pittsburgh to Philladelphia. When I filter on Today, I see 73500:100421 by jrfolco in CM. Is that the one you mean? Also see its 57 dependencies and have no errors or warnings.

If you are looking in Content Manager, I highly recommend sorting by date and using the filter "Today". Today will give you your latest installed content and the dates can be changed to show other days as well easily.

If you are looking in Content Manager, I highly recommend sorting by date and using the filter "Today". Today will give you your latest installed content and the dates can be changed to show other days as well easily.
I tried looking in Today the day of, and it wasn't there. But now it's been many days since
In my TRS19, build 114800, I just now downloaded Pittsburgh to Philladelphia. When I filter on Today, I see 73500:100421 by jrfolco in CM. Is that the one you mean? Also see its 57 dependencies and have no errors or warnings.
No, 73500:100421 isn't the one I downloaded because it's still on the DLS, I don't have the original kuid because it's gone, sorry

*faceplam 2*
Forgive me for the multiple posts, but I just realized I did the whole search into the past with something in the search bar, so it only showed things that had "BNSF GP38-2" in it, and obviously there wasn't any. Anyway, I did the whole search again and I did find all of the many assets that were downloaded for the route, just not the route. I went through it again with a route filter on, but nothing came up.

I tried looking in Today the day of, and it wasn't there. But now it's been many days since

No, 73500:100421 isn't the one I downloaded because it's still on the DLS, I don't have the original kuid because it's gone, sorry
Even if it was the one you downloaded, it would still be on the DLS. Downloading doesn't remove things, it makes a local copy. So which one of the 11 routes with thePittsburgh in the name did you download?

Either "Matts Version Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and more 14", "Pittsburgh to Philadelphia" or "Pittsburgh to Philadelphia SouthWest PA & Bessemer &Lake Erie by...

BTW I'll be gone for a week

Either "Matts Version Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and more 14", "Pittsburgh to Philadelphia" or "Pittsburgh to Philadelphia SouthWest PA & Bessemer &Lake Erie by...

BTW I'll be gone for a week
Downloaded the three. The middle one is fine, the other two have missing dependencies, trees, a roundhouse, other buildings and some misc objects. With the show missing objects option turned on, it is easy to see where the missing things are located and from context figure out what they might be. If I was really invested in these routes, I might go on a search to find them but as it is, if I was to keep the routes, I would probably just delete the missing stuff. With little interest in the area the route is modeling, I'll probably just delete them all anyway. By filtering on the installed date, I can also get rid of any objects that came in with the routes thereby keeping my CM a bit lighter.

Thank you for doing that, I'll download the other two and see. Also, I realized that the one I downloaded could've been deleted because I know I remember seeing 4 Pitts to Philly routes, and you only saw 3.

Thank you for doing that, I'll download the other two and see. Also, I realized that the one I downloaded could've been deleted because I know I remember seeing 4 Pitts to Philly routes, and you only saw 3.
It could be the route you downloaded was removed because it was a copy of another route and the original creator complained to N3V. That seems to happen a lot these days as people download someone's route and make minor changes to it and then upload it without permission.

There's a complete route from Pittsburgh to Philly now that isn't blank? Jrfolco has a blank map of that route with just a track to guide you. We need more PA routes in Trainz, and more Amtrak routes including Conrail or NS and CSX freight lines past and present. My dream is to have a big route between New York (Manhattan) and Washington, DC with currently freight only lines through Allentown and Reading, and the line from Philly to Pittsburgh through Harrisburg. As well as Reading and Northern lines and lines to Scranton, PA. That might be too much for a computer to handle, though. Fishlips Philly to DC route already takes a while to load, and it's blank. Imagine if that were a fully scenicked route. It would bring my computer to its knees. I could merge routes together for my own personal use, since some routes would be created by others. If I left Reading and Northern out, and just used DEM routes like Manville, NJ to Reading, PA and my own DEM to Harrisburg, and jrfolco from Harrisburg to Philly and fishlips from Philly to NY and filled in the missing part between Manville and Newark, NJ with blank baseboards, that might work. I could leave out south of Philly and west of Harrisburg. The problem with Josh Drumm's NS Reading line route is that in the Bethlehem-Allentown area the route is not to scale, it's a bit shorter so if I made a circle route somewhere else would not line up properly. The Manville DEM is the proper distance in the Bethlehem area.

Last edited:
It could be the route you downloaded was removed because it was a copy of another route and the original creator complained to N3V. That seems to happen a lot these days as people download someone's route and make minor changes to it and then upload it without permission.
So N3V like youtube, if an original creator of a route complains, N3V will take it down like how youtube deletes copyrighted videos when the copyright owner complains?

Back