Discount Vouchers?

jbartus

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to do to get the 20% discount voucher for Trainz 2010? I assumed anyone who had a registered copy of Trainz was going to get one but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Alternately, (if allowed) if someone has a spare they won't be using I would appreciate it. I finally have the funds to purchase 2010 (first new Trainz release I'm getting since 2006) but could really use the discount.

Thanks,
Jon

Do vouches only apply to orders via the on-line shop? (yes, discount can be used for boxed or downloaded version, but can they be used with purchase from physical software shops?)

Call me old-fashioned if you will, but I prefer to walk into my local PC shop and buy the software over the counter. No need to give out credit card details, no need to wait for delivery, supports a local employer etc etc.

Wolfie7AU I'll be surprised if you can walk into any Video Games store in Australia and purchase Trainz. I constantly look in Dick Smith, Harvey Norman, Electronic Arts and any other places that sells PC games. Finding any PC game these days is hard enough, but finding Trainz would be like finding the Welcome Stranger (The largest gold nugget in the world for those of you who didn't know)

Dick Smith had Trainz Collection on special for about $20 some months back and ditto TC3 last year. EA haven't stocked Trainz since 2005 as far as I know. I purchased two copies of TRS2004 as gifts in Melbourne, but had to go to a dozen stores to find them.

If you want to help the local bloke, I suggest you purchase Trainz directly from Auran. That way they get the full profit and they're as local as you can get. (Brisbane). Service in the past has always been excellent in my book.

BTW. Credit Card numbers are heavily encrypted when transfered over the Internet. I've never heard of a case where such numbers have been intercepted and abused. It's a thousand times more risky using an ATM.

Regards,

John

Last edited:
John, sad to hear you have so much trouble, as for me, had no problems finding TS2009. Looked up on the EB Games web site, found a copy in a nearby store, called up to confirm still on shelf, ask them to put aside for me, bought that day. As mentioned in posting above, do prefer to do business over-the-counter, so much easier if any problems occur and supports a local employer.

Back