Dirty weathered iron horses.

FC2,
Did you have to quote those 2 pictures?
those engine are long gone and could make a return and it is Illegal if you were sent those Locos so don't try asking

LOL

Leave WCL alone!!!! WCL has it and won't give to anybody! Besides this Thread is Called Dirty Weathered Hron Horses, not lets fight over WCL's SD80.:hehe: :p

lol i will be posting some more soon. ive been working on my route latly and have the main track done. now its time for the branch lines.

Here i come to save the thread! (lol)

Ok, i got some really nice dirty locos off of RR mods so i threw together a consist and ran it through one of the textured sections of my route. Here are the pics.

Screen_018.jpg
Screen_020.jpg

Screen_023.jpg

Here is the last shot of the consist as it runs past Palmerton Mine. Unfourtunatly it hit a closed switch (i missed on when i was working on the cross overs) and derailed soon afterwards. (i guess they will be more weathered now.)
Screen_025.jpg

Here are two more shots of a Central Penn Railway MOW/Wreck train. (not Penn Central btw. It is Central Penn. Its my brother in laws new company that was started a year ago.) It has an ex-WC SW1500 on point with an ex-PRR Geep for added power. These two shots are of the train passing the Palmerton Zinc plant.
Screen_011.jpg

Screen_013.jpg

Great Jumpin' Jehosephat Madeline, what route is that!!?

Rgds: Jeff

:) It's my Willow Lake & Grandville RR's Gage Valley Division. The railroad is fictional, but if it existed in real-life it would be located somewhere around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It will eventually be available through the Download Station, though I work slowly so it might be a few eons before it's finished. :confused:

- Madeline

D&RGW Class 250 #252 (Ex and Future K-28 472) Visits Prower Colorado after her return (cough) from Alaska. The Denver and Rio Grande Western had neither painted nor cleaned her after she was dropped off in Utah in 1946, and the Army did little to make her presentable.

However, after being towed to Alamosa for a small overhaul, she was immediately pressed back into service on the Rio Grande's narrow gauge empire.

In 1948, she was partially cleaned, and the USA and 252 lettering vanished under the flying Grande, and in 1950, her black smoke box and firebox and piston caps were repainted in the Rio Grande's trademark silver

Even as late as 1970, before the C&TS took control of the locomotive, the engine still had her 250 class modifications in place. In 1975 she was restored to her Pre-War appearance. And in 1990, the locomotive was once again converted to her US Army appearance again, as a tribute to the locomotives war service. She and fellow C&TS 475, the only other K-28 to survive the hard Alaska treatment, and 473, 476 and 478 on the Durango and Silverton carry on the legacy of the K-28 "Sports Models". Other then the 9 surviving K-36 class engines, the 5 surviving K-28's make them one of the most active narrow gauge locomotive classes to serve in the 21 century.

(cough, cough, hack cough, passes out and dies)

Screenshot_1623.jpg

Last edited:
Back