Derailing Trainz! Is there a Rerail feature

xdford

Hi all,,

I am still using UTC (1.5) and would like to know if there is any way that a train can be rerailed without losing the scenario. I have put a balloon loop onto a point to point layout (Canadian Impressions) and want to set up a scenario or operating scheme but cannot at this point as I have "lost a train" in a derailment and am back to square one!

Do later versions ( which means a computer upgrade...) have a RERAIL feature or is there one in UTC

TIA

Trevor www.xdford.digitalzones.com FYI

There is a re-rail portal basic, and some more.

do a search for kuid 116387

You could download one of those, install it, and then go to the folder and change the Trainz Version to 1.5 and see how that works. It *might* work for you, it might not.

You can only give it a try.

Sorry, I can't help with UTC as I only joined the club with TRS2004.

Whilst TRS2004 and later versions don't have a rerail facility built-in I do have a couple of items on the DLS that enable derailed trains to be rerailed.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of these items they will NOT work with UTC or earlier versions of Trainz.

HTH

Maggs

Moojgoo,

In Surveyor, place a re-rail portal on the map and connect it to the rail network. Now edit the properties of the re-rail portal.

Click on the option "re-rail trains" to enable re-rail mode.

That's all there is to it :)

The produce and consume options are basically the same as the standard portals.

HTH

Maggs

Hi all,,

I am still using UTC (1.5) and would like to know if there is any way that a train can be rerailed without losing the scenario. I have put a balloon loop onto a point to point layout (Canadian Impressions) and want to set up a scenario or operating scheme but cannot at this point as I have "lost a train" in a derailment and am back to square one!

Do later versions ( which means a computer upgrade...) have a RERAIL feature or is there one in UTC

TIA

Trevor www.xdford.digitalzones.com FYI

Regarding portals and UTC.

I think you might be out of luck as the coding required for portals is not in UTC.

Give it a try anyway but I think you'll be having a bit of a wild goose chase.

regards

Harry

Back