deleting trees

David111767

30in and Rack Railway Guy
ok so for my gopher canyon railway i was running a train and the fps was reallly slow so i deleted some trees in an area and the fps was faster in that area so i don't remember how i did this but i figured out i have over 1/2 a million trees!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I want to trim that down. does anybody know of a faster way to do it than clicking on each individual tree? :confused:

One way would be to thin out a rectangular section of forest and use the cut/paste function to replicate that section over the more heavily forested areas. You can rotate the pasted section in intervals of 90 degrees for some variety, and you can choose to paste just the objects or the objects plus the original ground textures too.

Hi,

If you want to remove all of a particular tree, delete the asset and then re-load your route. On the Surveyor drop down click "remove missing assets" and save.

regards, John

Instead of deleting the asset, you can remove blocks of trees easily.

Create a copy/past selection on some blank ground. Uncheck or unclick (can't remember the interface off hand cuz I'm at work), the options for Topo features and anything else you don't need.

Paste the blank rectangle/square over the area you want to deforest. Your forest will become open pasture in a flash.

When placing trees, I make clumps that I zig-azg along in the distance and close up. This make it look like there's a grand forest with open pastures here and there, and it reduces the frame crunch tremendously.

I discovered this the "hard way" after making a forest so thick, I couldn't run Trainz in Driver mode above 10 fps.

John

There is a route on the DSL (I'm not naming it) that is 18 baseboards and 70,000+ trees. It was more like 1 frame per minute. I used the copy and paste technique to get it down to about 2000 trees.

William

How about you just start a forest fire. Seems to be real effective here in the western USA.

That's cute :hehe:

But seriously, you could empty a large area, paint it black and add a few smoldering fires, that'll clear things up, he he he.

You should listen to Dinorius_Redundicus, he had some real good and useful advice there.

Now i have a problem,
Before the spline trees, i had some Jeffery Pine Trees that are default content, but when i deleted the kuid's of the trees i didn't want anymore in the route's config file and clicked the delete missing assets in surveyor, the trees didn't disappear, and the kuid's were back in the config file. So i did something i shouldn't have done and deleted the .im files for those assets so they wouldn't appear, but the kuid's are still in the config file and there are grey squares where the trees are supposed to be (normally trees or other scenery objects have green squares) on the mini map in surveyor.

So does anybody know how to get rid of these trees???

Now i have a problem,
Before the spline trees, i had some Jeffery Pine Trees that are default content, but when i deleted the kuid's of the trees i didn't want anymore in the route's config file and clicked the delete missing assets in surveyor, the trees didn't disappear, and the kuid's were back in the config file. So i did something i shouldn't have done and deleted the .im files for those assets so they wouldn't appear, but the kuid's are still in the config file and there are grey squares where the trees are supposed to be (normally trees or other scenery objects have green squares) on the mini map in surveyor.

So does anybody know how to get rid of these trees???

Yes. Put the .IM files back, and delete the trees by hand. Sorry.:confused:

Anytime you modify builtin content through CMP and need the original back, you shoudl be able to select them in CMP then just Ctrl+O, reverts to original state.

Back